Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

looking for direction?
      #176914 - 02/24/06 01:52 AM

i'd like direction on if there is a mental health forum like this. i tested negative at 80 some days which is nearly 3 months ago...basically i'm 6 months post exposure. cheated on my wife, forgiven and so on. but i can't shake the guilt or just the sad feeling from it. watching tv and hearing about unprotected sex or cheating makes me sick to my stomache, remembering my incident also does that to me also. sounds like "a clockwork orange" anyway i think it relates to stress again, and my tongue just feeling tingling, doesn't hurt or anything i mean when i can eat or drink it doesn't affect that. i notice it most when i smoke, now i'm concerned maybe i have oral cancer and that's why i was neg at 3 months. then i read all the posts and think "you tool" you are negative. or maybe could i be suffering from post traumamit stress???? the only thing i could think for 3 months was that i got drunk made a mistake and could have ruined everything.....then having the chance to contract hiv and accidently pass it to my loving and forgiving wife was alot to bear. i don't know i guess should i seek real help, or try to work through it?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: looking for direction? new
      #176964 - 02/24/06 10:17 AM

I am in the same boat...Try to forgive yourself my friend. If your wife forgave you already..you have no point to keep thinking of it...i know it seems hard but first forgive yourself. That is a start! Everyone makes mistakes. There are other people in the world who has probably made much more mistakes than you have..! Wife's are great they forgive you...literally!
Also try to look at God that will help
Andy

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #177000 - 02/24/06 12:13 PM

hi

regards from india

If you tested negative 80 days post exposure, you are HIV negative....period!

You need to address your guilt rather than HIV.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177050 - 02/24/06 04:15 PM

Now lets see. Your little head got hold of you and you went out and got some on the side. Rightfully so you were scared shitless you might have passed something on to your wife. I bet you were more upset about her than you.

Look buddy you are human and sex is natural. Your wife forgave you,you ducked a bullet you should be the happiest SOB on the planet. Get over it, learn your lesson and either wrap your fun meter or keep it in your pants next time the little bastard tries to escape.
DJ

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #177051 - 02/24/06 04:20 PM

if ya want an OCD site just google for one...however, why not get ACTUAL treatment in real life, and make ACTUAL progress??? Go talk to a mental health professional...

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1256

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3