Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
briannan
Expert

Reged: 02/22/06
Why did I have unprotected sex again?
      #176616 - 02/22/06 08:40 PM

Well this is going to be a long post..but it will help me get through the next two months until I get tested...

Ok, last year I had unprotected sex twice with a young man of unknown status (well negative according to him) and I freaked out and ended up being negative.

THIS year I started dating a divorced ER nurse, who is a full time father. I had unprotected sex with him twice, vaginal and anal. Why I did it after I put myself through hell last year? I don't know!!! I think it about it every minute.
Anyway, here are some other facts. He told me he is negative, multiple times since I freaked out on him. I know he had blood drawn, as he started a new nursing job at the same time I met him, and I saw the band aid. Not sure if they test for that or not, I have heard both ways.

The thing that bothers me is that how nonchalant he was about having unprotected sex. Why did he assume that I am negative? Why did I assume the same for him? How do I know he didn't really sleep with anyone else when we were together?

Another addition to the saga of me...I have chronic fatigue syndrome, and usually have several periods of extreme fatigue and painful underarms/groin during each year. About three weeks post my last exposure to him, I started having fatigue and painful underarms, going on two full weeks. I haven't had a rash, fever, swollen neck glands, or sore throat. Coincidence or not?

I already feel better after having written this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: Why did I have unprotected sex again? new
      #176681 - 02/23/06 12:53 AM

hi

regards from india

For the question you ask, it is you who can answer that! Unportected sex places you at risk, i would advice you to engage in protected sex from now on..and get tested at the appropriate time post your last exposure..

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

briannan
Expert

Reged: 02/22/06
      #176697 - 02/23/06 07:38 AM

Thanks for your reply, Ravi. Every day is just so hard, sometimes I feel so desperate. I sometimes wonder if I need counseling to cope.
And I'm dating someone new now, a super great nice guy, and I wonder if I already screwed up my future with him.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #176711 - 02/23/06 09:10 AM

people always ask that question, but like ravi says only you can answer that one, judging by your last statement you met this new person and are ready to trust again. be safe until 3 months after your last high risk and than only when you both are ready for a committed relationship and test neg can you do without the condoms, trust and honestly is the key here, love and peace

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #176713 - 02/23/06 09:16 AM

Use protection and get tested at 12-13 weeks from last exposure with the other guy. Good luck with this new guy.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2739

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3