Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

afraid to test..
      #176130 - 02/20/06 07:35 PM

i have tested before (-) two years back after my last boyfriend...that was hard enough. Now I have a new bf and have had unprotected sex..i have been having weird symptoms and am not sure if they are associated with hiv or not..i am looking into testing and have been worrying NON STOP about this.. i am very afraid and paranoid i may have hiv..anyone have any advice or inspiration? i am thinking about the home test but am deathly afraid of pricking myself with the needle but i am to chicken to go in and get the test..i am afraid i will not get the courage to go and will just make my self sicker worrying about it (my whole life is currently revelving around it)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: afraid to test.. new
      #176136 - 02/20/06 07:55 PM

Words of wisdome:
If you are too chicken to be proactive in your own health and welfare you will never know.

worriedgirl

Reged: 02/20/06
      #176138 - 02/20/06 08:23 PM

I am in the same position. I have recently had a very risky exposure and I have also been bi sexual in the past. I am terrified as well, but I know I have to do this. This is not something that can be avoided and also you don't want the fact that you could be putting other people at risk on your conscience. I have to go because I have a little boy to take care of and god forbid the results were not as I want them to be I would want to make arrangements for my son.

Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
      #176139 - 02/20/06 08:26 PM

I was the same way you are for a long time. I thought that actually I'd rather not know if I was positive. But from this side of things now I realize how counterproductive that was. Not knowing doesn't change the truth. Either you are or you aren't. I know it can be totally scary to go find out. But, finding out will do one of two things... If you are negative you can go on with your life and quit worrying about things. Take care of yourself and protect yourself in the future. And if it goes the other way you can be proactive in taking care of yourself. You can monitor your status and make the best possible health decisions. Hopefully you are negative, but do yourself a favor and go find out. Knowledge is power!

David

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Anonymous
Unregistered

#176142 - 02/20/06 09:10 PM

Hello, I was in your same position. I was scared shitless to test. I had all the symptoms in the book. I finally gathered enough courage to test, and as a matter of fact, got my negative result today. It was the scariest time of my life, from the instance of potential expose right to the sitting in the doctor's office this morning, but I'm glad I did it. I would have gone through life wondering what if. Every new imperfection on my body I would have attributed it to HIV. Being scared is no way to live life. Like Blixer mentioned, knowledge is power. Go for it. Good luck to you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#176153 - 02/20/06 10:15 PM

Thanks for the help, I have decided to call tommorow and once and for all get this over with...it really does help hearing the advice and having the support from others, so thanks y'all

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #176158 - 02/20/06 10:30 PM

almost everyone has been where you are, please keep us informed on your results. i am sure your will be fine. love and peace

Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
      #176197 - 02/21/06 12:35 AM

Great! I think you made the right decision.

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1370

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3