Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

some symptoms, time frame question
      #175940 - 02/19/06 02:37 PM

Hi,

I had a very risky unprotected exposure about a week and a half ago. Shortly after I experienced a discharge and pain during urination. I main concern is HIV. About 7-8 days later I started to feel very slugish with a bit of a sore throat. I have had mono and feel very similar to how I did then. i dont however, have swollen glands. I also have some unusual looking marks on my penis. They look like broken blood vessles though, (I think one may have been there before) and not much like an std symptoms I have seen on the internet. Is this too early for HIV symptoms or not? I have an appointment with my doctor later in week but Im quite nervous, my health care coverage is in limbo right now. Any help appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: some symptoms, time frame question new
      #175945 - 02/19/06 04:54 PM

Given the sores and the discharge, it could be syphillis, chlamydia, or gonnorhea. HIV isn't the only std unprotected sex put you at risk for. The ones mentioned above are much more common. Go to your doctor and get checked-out. If it is any of these stds there can be complications if left untreated.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: some symptoms, time frame question new
      #176061 - 02/20/06 02:15 PM

For people who have no health care coverage: there are free clinics and testing sites available to you. Depending on where you live there are local or county Health Clinics. If you want an HIV testing Center try googleing " HIV AIDS SERVICES" for your area.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2427

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3