Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

7 Week Test, Uncertainty Regarding Symptoms
      #17594 - 04/25/01 11:11 PM

I got a 7 week negative, but still am afraid that perhaps, my body just didn't produce enough antibodies to trigegr a reactive test. A few days after a low risk act, I got a sore throat, I'd wake up in the middle of the night sweating, very dry mouth, a fever of 100.6 degree Farhenheit, an itchy rash on my back and chest and arms, lack of appetite (I couldn't eat anything, I fet full all the time). These symptoms lasted about two weeks. The fever only occured initially, and went away about 4 or 5 days after it began. So, I took the test roughly 5 weeks after my last symptom, and 7 weeks after what I did. Do you all think that after the symptoms occured and subsided, that a month after that the test would be reactive or positive? Or am I just freaking out??? Would you all feel secure with a 7 week test?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 7 Week Test, Uncertainty Regarding Symptoms new
      #17595 - 04/25/01 11:45 PM

With the timing (5 weeks after symptoms), the fact that symptoms appeared just days after the exposure, the negative result, AND most importantly the low risk (and since you didn't mention it, I'll assume it's one of those never-been-documented exposures..... such as receiving oral sex) .... I think it would be safe to say that HIV is not an issue (unless your definition of low risk is unprotected receptive anal intercourse with an HIV+ person). Good luck.

Dicky
Unregistered

#17604 - 04/26/01 11:28 AM

In the case you just described, I would feel secure with a negative. Sounds like a case of bad timing between an illness and a low-risk act.

I get tested every 6 months. Call me the 'queen' of HIV tests! My partner is HIV pos and we practice safe sex. I guess you could consider that low-risk! We have a very healthy sex life, VERY healthy. We've been together almost 8 years now. I no longer worry about every sniff, cough, or fever. We kiss (deeply), I receive oral sex (unprotected), and give oral sex (protected), receive anal sex (protected), and give anal sex (protected).

Low-risk is just that . . . LOW-RISK! Be happy with a negative result. Enjoy and get on with living!

Protect yourself and those around you.
Tootles!
Dicky

nez
Regular

Reged: 03/09/01
      #17609 - 04/26/01 07:25 PM

Hi
I tested @ 7 weeks also
I did not have any symptoms and I wouldn't worry about symptoms if I were you
I feel comfortable with my 7 week negative test
Dr. Stephen Goldstone who is a gay Doctor and has written a book has stated that most people 95% will show poz within 1 month after infection keep me posted since we are in the same boat with a 7 week neg test.
God bless you... play safe.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1499

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3