Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

trench mouth
      #175618 - 02/17/06 08:41 AM

Ok, i hate to be a pesky poster, but I posted yesterday a question regarding HIV and trech mouth ( see the post Dental Symptoms), and I'm very scared, so I was wondering if anyone had any further information regarding acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis. Am I right to believe that this infection is most common among hiv positive individuals, more so than among other groups ? Thanks for any info, good or bad ; I just want to prepare myself mentally for my hiv test which I plan on taking at the end of this month.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: trench mouth new
      #175654 - 02/17/06 11:59 AM

hi

regards from india

Yes, HIV may cause Acute fusospirochetal infection of the Gingiva(Acute Necrotizing Ulcerative Gingivitis), however it is also common in people who are Run-down or emotionally stressed .

Symptoms should not be used as a tool to daignose HIV.If you feel worried you may want to test and get your symptoms evaluated from yourh ealthc are provider.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #175723 - 02/17/06 08:33 PM

this is not an uncommon infection in hiv pos nor neg, get tested, symptoms can be very disceiving. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#205233 - 08/28/06 02:35 PM

Hello again,

Well, it's been a long time. After talking with my dentist, I was reassured that the ANUG was due to stress. Furthermore, I had had an HIV test 6 months previously and had tested negative. So I put my worries out of my mind. Earlier this month though, I saw my ex-boyfriend once more. He did not look well and had suffered from pneumonia a few months previously. So I went to get tested again. The result came back positive.
I was likely infected 12 months ago and had gone to test too early the first time.
I feel I'm dealing adequately with this news and maintaining a proper perspective on it. By all accounts, I am generally healthy. I'll know more after more extensive blood tests have been done.
In the meantime, the most difficult thing for me is dealing with the social side of the issue. I would love to hear what other people have to say about dating. Also, and this may well seem premature, but I have always wanted to have children. Is this a dream that I need to let go of ? Does anyone here have the same sense of loss concerning that issue ? If so, how did you deal with it ?

Thank you so much for any advice.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1379

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3