Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

dental symptoms
      #175336 - 02/16/06 07:46 AM

Hi. I'm a 25 year old heterosexual woman. I had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks after the incident, my teeth started to hurt. I went to visit my dentist and he told me that I have acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis. I believe this is also known as trench mouth. My dentist was surprised I had this, as according to him it is very rare and usually only occurs in drug addicts, anorexics or people uinder severe emotional stress. A weak immune system can be, and often also is, the cause. That's why I'm worried I have hiv.
Is it possible to be showing such severe symptoms of hiv only 2 weeks after the transmission of the virus? I plan on going to get tested, but i want to wait another week as I feel it's still to early to do the test. In the meantime, am I just having an unlucky dental problem or is it likely I have hiv ? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: dental symptoms new
      #175341 - 02/16/06 08:31 AM

hi

regards from india

HIV is a hard virus to transmit. Yes you did put yourself at risk, however the odds are in your favour of NOT having contracted HIV.

ARS symptoms are concurrent,febrile and occur 2-4 weeks post exposure.Evaluation of your status based on symptoms experienced is not the right way.

Get tested at 12 weeks.Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#175613 - 02/17/06 08:23 AM

Thanks for your reply Ravi. Does anyone else have any information regarding Trench mouth with regard to hiv infection. Is this a significant symptom ? How often can trench mouth ( or acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis; I'm not even sure they're the same thing !) occur in people who do not have HIV ? My dentist said it's very rare.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#176844 - 02/23/06 08:51 PM

do you smoke? smoking can cause all sort of dental like problems affecting the gums, and the tongue.

I get a lot of concerns myself and keep saying to myself...."its because you smoke, get a grip already" hehe

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2209

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3