Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
outofmymind
Unregistered

used protection......but i have symptoms
      #174892 - 02/13/06 09:02 PM

Okay so I used a condom but had heavy sex with a woman for about an hour.....only vaginal intercourse.....and heavy kissing. The condom slipped up my shaft a couple of times but never came off. At first I wasn't worried. It is the 3 week mark right now. I have aches in my knee joints and elbow joints as well as in my neck......they are pretty constant. I am feverish and nauseous. My glands under my neck are either sore or swollen or both. I have red rashy splotches on my chest. I have lost 7 pounds in the last 5 days and am scared shitless. My stomach is always grumbling and upset....don't have much of an appetite. From what I can tell this is ARS right? I have put off having sex with my wife until this is resolved. This woman seemed pretty sleazy.

My questions.
1. Is this probably HIV infection?
2. can i have intercourse with my wife using a condom and safely not infect her?
3. Can I test during this ARS phase and see if I am HIV positive?

Thank you all for listening.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
outofmymind
Unregistered

Re: used protection......but i have symptoms new
      #174893 - 02/13/06 09:06 PM

Oh yeah...SERIOUS fatigue in the last few days...bags under my eyes.....everyone tells me i look bad........and this headache that comes and goes......

HOPE FOR CURE
Unregistered

#174894 - 02/13/06 09:18 PM

You sound little worried. Life goes on. If you have it (hope u are not) nothing you can do now. Pray to God and wait for time. When you go for tested do PCR, Viral load. This way you will know if you sure got the virus. Good luck!!!

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #174904 - 02/13/06 10:49 PM

pcr is not used for diagnosis. either do a rapid test or go to the doc and have them do a blood draw for elisa or eia or ifa or whatever, but as i said before, pcr is not used for diagnosis.

bura
Grand Master

Reged: 01/11/06
      #174907 - 02/13/06 11:27 PM

you had protected sex...and condon slipping up your shaft???if the condom is not broken, why worry??is there a reason to worry if the condom slipping up your shaft?

bura
Grand Master

Reged: 01/11/06
      #174924 - 02/14/06 04:10 AM

i too have headaches that comes nad goes.also there is longish type of swelling glands underneath my armpits!!however i am at 186 days negative...went for a 197 days test!....i hope the best for you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#174978 - 02/14/06 09:50 AM

Dude,
I did the protected sex thing as well but with a sex worker (drunk and depressed). I've been having most of the symptoms starting at week2 all up to week8 and results still negative. Now having the myalgia/arthralgia pains for over 3-weeks and it sux. Anyway to answer your questions:
1) The symptoms you mentioned are really non-specific. To prove this, try typing arthralgia and myalgia in Yahoo and see how many diseases pop up (boy are there many) that also cause these. There's even a tick that could cause all the symtoms you mentioned.
2) That's up to you. I've decided to stay celibate until I get my negative result at week13. Its just my conscience.
3) Get a rapid test or ELISA just to quell your fears. Testing is only definitive after 12wks. But you need to get a grip with your nerves so just get tested and visualize the same negative results at week12. Believe and it will happen.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1841

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3