Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
FreakinDude
Unregistered

I am freaking out, shivering continuosly
      #174799 - 02/12/06 09:10 PM

Hi,
This was my exposure with a thai sex worker -
fingering , touching penis, then touching tip of penis on her buttocks, rubbing penis on her back well above waist. i am freaking out about possibilities of herpes . i know whatever is low risk for hep B or hiv. pls respond. i cant take this anymore, its just 5 weeks since the incident and i need to wait all alone in a foreign land for 3 weeks for the test. thank u

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ExWorryWart
Regular

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: I am freaking out, shivering continuosly new
      #174801 - 02/12/06 09:28 PM

None of the action you described is going to be risk factor for any STD or HIV. Was there any unprotected sex involved?
Andy

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

FreakinDude
Unregistered

#174802 - 02/12/06 09:47 PM

Thanks for the reply. No sex at all. I dont have any symtoms of hiv / herpes either. but i am still freaked out reading what some websites say risks with fingering, body rubbing and how easily one can get herpes. pls help. i tested -ve for gonnorhea and chlamadiya . i

shadesofgrey
Veteran

Reged: 12/02/05
      #174804 - 02/12/06 09:59 PM

you have nothing i repeat nothing to worry about. you didnt even have sex, watch what you read on the web. you need to read some reputable web sites about hiv transmission not some of these abstain from sex beca;use no matter what you gonna die sites. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#174806 - 02/12/06 10:04 PM

Thanks for the reply. You say i have nothing to worry about, i am worried about herpes (though it is not as bad as hiv). pls assess my risk for that.

ExWorryWart
Regular

Reged: 12/21/05
      #174807 - 02/12/06 10:14 PM

From
http://www.herpes.com/Transmission.shtml

How do you get Herpes?
Herpes is spread by direct skin to skin contact. Unlike a flu virus that you can get through the air, herpes spreads by direct contact, that is, directly from the site of infection to the site of contact. For example, if you have a cold sore and kiss someone, you can transfer the virus to their mouth. Similarly, if you have active genital herpes and have vaginal or anal intercourse, you can give your partner genital herpes. Finally, if you have a cold sore and put your mouth on your partners genitals (oral sex), you can give your partner genital herpes.

I still don't see how you can get herpes if there were no open sores involved. You can move on

Andy

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

shadesofgrey
Veteran

#174808 - 02/12/06 10:15 PM

did you have symptoms of herpes? what you have done i would seriously doubt any virus could be transmitted in that manner. almost like getting something from a toilet seat. so relax . get all the test to put your mind at ease although i dont think any is necessary . love and peace

FreakinDude
Unregistered

#174809 - 02/12/06 10:31 PM

Thanks again for the reply. I have not had any symtoms of hiv/herpes. i have been checking every day for any signs. i didnt even flu like symtoms with all this anxiety and cold weather to which i am new. i am still worried about the what ifs and the low probabilities . i have never done anything like this and the guilt of possibility of going back home with a sti is killing me.

shadesofgrey
Veteran

#174810 - 02/12/06 10:40 PM

that is your problem the guilt , enough time has pasted, learn the lesson , play safe and move on. love and peace

ravi
Veteran

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #174852 - 02/13/06 12:47 PM

hi

regards from india

No risk, you are just fine. Consequently your fears pertaining to HIV are unwarrented.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#176843 - 02/23/06 08:46 PM

first of all does she have herpes?

secondly, I ended up getting herpes from someone in a casual physical activity similar to yours I guess, and I was so devastated. but then like a week later I got symptoms of the flu and became more paranoid. Can herpes lower your immune system or make you feverish?

Anyway I can really care less about herpes now. It wont kill me and after first attack it is nothing at all. I am more scared for HIV

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3475

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3