Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
Can anxiety cause armpit and neck pain/stinging?
      #174571 - 02/10/06 03:31 PM

Has anyone experienced this?
I know what anxiety and panic attack is as I have experienced it first hand but never before do I remember having this 'weird' sensation. Any worried wells here experience stinging pain in both armpits and constant dull pain under neck when they are anxious?
Just want to get this test next week done and over with but I
have been experiencing this for more than a month now.
Andy

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
luna13
Fanatic

Reged: 01/31/06
Loc: Tn
Re: Can anxiety cause armpit and neck pain/stinging? new
      #174582 - 02/10/06 05:48 PM

What are your symptoms. I have sometimes armpits pain or neck, right now I have it on the back of my neck, I am afraid it may be my lymph nodes. When do you have your 13 weeks test? I hope is the stress what is causing all this problems and not hiv.

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#174586 - 02/10/06 06:28 PM

Hmm i guess if you are experiencing it too, it could be anxiety. I have tested -ve at 10 weeks like you and my 13 week result will be out march 3 (will go next week to test)

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Can anxiety cause armpit and neck pain/stingin new
      #174601 - 02/10/06 08:11 PM

Dude, I have all those pains too. My armpits would burn AND ache. My neck was so sore sometimes i could not turn my head. I have weird marks all over my body. i have a lymph node the size og a gold ball in my neck. i had groin pain and my spleen felt swollen. i have white tounge along with canker sores, white spots and blood blisters on my inner cheek. small cuts took weeks to heal. i was nausious, had persistant head aches and my gums bled a little. dirreaha lasted like two weeks, then i got an anal fissure and was constipated for like a month. low grade fever and fluke like symptoms in the beginning. I had every symptom. When i say every symptom, i mean i had every single fucing symptom know to medical sience when it comes to HIV. I got tested at 14 weeks. I am in fact negative. got tested again at 7 months. STILL NEGATIVE!!

let me just say when it comes to symptoms, no1 and i mean NO1 had it worse then myself. guess what caused my symptoms, yep thats right, stress and anxiety. go read what that can do too you. symptoms mean dick dude. some armpit/neck pain is nothing. you are noticing things you never noticed before becuase you never check for them. now after all that i have one more thing to say. stop worrying and go get the freggin negative my man becuase HIV is NOT your problem.

I hope this help you and maybe some others. symptoms of hiv are everyday symptoms that lots of ppl get. stress makes them worse and in some cases (mine) actually cause symptoms. have a good night WW and I wish you luck in testing dude. and every1 else that worried, honestly you most likely do NOT have HIV. its a hard thing to catch so relax get tested then relax some more. later dudes.

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#174604 - 02/10/06 08:39 PM

WOW!!! It is amazing a single post can have so much effect in a WW like me..Whoever you are, you need to stick around dude..if for nothing for humanity's sake! Man your words are amazing....truely...! Everyone says i have NO RISK not low but NO RISK but once in a while i FREAK OUT!!!. Symptoms come at 2-4 weeks and I am on week 12 and having this symptom doesn't mean a JACK! Rational mind tells me go get a life and your post is telling me GO GET A BEER!!!
You have a great weekend..and thanks a lot for your detailed posting..I will have to save this to post to future WW's in the site LOL!
Everyone just chill out and have a great weekend! It is not worth to dwell on stupid symptoms and loose a weekend. Come monday and you will be doing the same fucking job, enjoy when you have LIFE!!!
Andy

--------------------

luna13
Fanatic

Reged: 01/31/06
Loc: Tn
      #174605 - 02/10/06 08:40 PM

Hello anon. i hope is stress because I have had all the symptoms, my tonge still white after 3 months, the roof of my mouth bruised and lymph nodes on neck swoellen. I got tested at 8 weeks and I just went for the 13 weeks and the results are going to be ready the 21st. I am very scared, I have lost 11 lbs and I still don't have a peace of mind. I had low grade fevers and chills, mild night sweats etc. I pray to god for my children and myself that my test comes back negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#174640 - 02/11/06 02:47 AM

To WW & this Saint of a guy.....

Dudes I am in the same introspective Hell nightmare as you right now. I had protected sex with a woman 3 weeks ago & have all the sore neck/fatigue/sore joints/muscles/oral ulcers......scared to death. This forum is the only glint of hope I have seen in 3 weeks.

Best of luck to everyone and if we have HIV then the best of luck to us leading a normal life & not spreading it to others.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#174641 - 02/11/06 02:56 AM

WW I could not agree with you more......

I am on week 3 and have those same dull neck pains you are talking about as well as serious fatigue......also have that goddamned severe anxiety disorder with panic attacks......

I just need advice on what to do about my girlfriend. I cheated on her.....we are about to move in.......we RARELY have sex and there is NO WAY I will put her at risk until my 13 week test. Is it possible to play off having no sex for 13 weeks.......is that morally right? Because I wanna marry this girl and have babies with her and shit!!!!

Someone help me please!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#174642 - 02/11/06 02:56 AM

WW I could not agree with you more......

I am on week 3 and have those same dull neck pains you are talking about as well as serious fatigue......also have that goddamned severe anxiety disorder with panic attacks......

I just need advice on what to do about my girlfriend. I cheated on her.....we are about to move in.......we RARELY have sex and there is NO WAY I will put her at risk until my 13 week test. Is it possible to play off having no sex for 13 weeks.......is that morally right? Because I wanna marry this girl and have babies with her and shit!!!!

Someone help me please!

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#174662 - 02/11/06 10:27 AM

You ad PROTECTED sex and still worrying? I guess you have to stop worrying. We both have same thing GUILT that is adding to our already bad anxiety and OCD. Once we pass the 13 week, we can move on fine. I am taking Lexapro so that i don't dwell on myself in the future...
Let's see if it helps.
Andy

--------------------

carlos30

Reged: 11/09/11
      #258842 - 11/09/11 12:33 AM

hi i need help im taking my medicine for hiv since september. but i also have high blood pressure i ve my medicine for that too but now everytime i take my medicine for hiv i start to feel anxiaty n panic attacks i dont know what to do

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 48249

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3