Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Need_Advice
Unregistered

Oral Sex Risk ???
      #17401 - 04/16/01 03:01 PM

Hello ,

I just found this board and I am hoping to get some advice / reasurrance about a few possible exposures that I have had recently and that the users of this board will not be judgemental about my situation. Here is my situation. I have had an ELISA test 4 months after a HIGH RISK exposure not long ago (dont ask about the exposure , just think as high risk as it goes). I tested at that point Negitive and was assured by the testing company that although the CDC says 6 months that the test that they ran was conclusive and if I was infected the test would at least have shown something (not completly negitive). That was quite a relief although I still wonder about that test result. Even with medical experts advising you it is hard to shake the worried well attitude. I am sure some of you have been there.

Well now I have gone out and put myself at risk again (although from what I read this was a much lower risk, but a risk none the less). After a night of drinking I was involved in what can only be described as a drunkin orgy. I did not know any of the other people involved that night. most , if not all were gay / bisexual men. This time was strictly oral sex , very brief encounters (est. 30 sec. to 5 min) with maybe 6 to 8 different men. none were to ejeculation , 1 had a small amount of pre-cum and that was all. I am very upset that I put myself at risk again after just clearing through the window period not long ago for a high risk exposure. If I can just get through this one I will never put myself at risk again. I am a male, and do not consider myself gay. The high risk episode (that I already tested for) and the orgy thing are the only times I have done this and the only possible exposures that I have. I am going to get counseling for alcohol abuse very soon since on both occasions I was very drunk and am 100% convinced that neither would have happened if I was sober. If I just make it through this I will never put myself at risk again. Thanks to all of you that hung on this long. I know it is a bit long , but I wanted to give as much info as I can.

Good luck to all of you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Oral Sex Risk ??? new
      #17403 - 04/16/01 06:04 PM

I can relate with your behavior, and although I salute you for wanting to avoid this behavior, I suggest that you REALLY look into it. I, too, have been through a window period hell, only to put myself at risk again and again - I've learned that unfortunately, vowing to stop hasn't worked for me ..... it goes a lot deeper. You sound pretty knowledgeable, and I'm sure that you are aware that promiscuous gay men are at a very high risk. Nontheless, I'm sure you know the risks of oral sex without ejaculation. Although the risk is low ..... you will probably want to get tested anyhow to ease your worry. And, once again, I can completely relate with the behavior.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17404 - 04/16/01 06:25 PM

at 3 months mark is 99.9% accurate according to my HIV councelor. No one will say 100% because of some kind of science and statistic constrain. The bottomline is you are OK. Please go on your life and stop doing this.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17409 - 04/16/01 09:35 PM

High risk or low risk if you are not in a monogamous sexual relationship (straight or otherwise) wherein you know your partners' status, then getting tested twice a year makes sense. Wait a minimum of 3 months then get tested and if its negative, hopefully you won't put yourself in that situation again.

Need_Advice
Unregistered

#17418 - 04/17/01 10:16 AM

thanks for the replys... I know that I am at not nearly as much risk as I was the first time I went through this and I think just knowing that is helping me handle it better. Last time I totally lost my mind about a week after the incident. coulden't sleep , swore I had every symptom, ext. I am sure some of you (if not most) can relate to that.
If I make it through this one I will never put myself back in this situation again. I am already planning counselling and things to assist me to make some lifestyle changes. I just need to get through the next 3 months with negitive tests. Thanks again for the responses. I will keep all of you in my prayers , hope you will do the same for me.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1407

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3