Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
man_in_pain

Reged: 02/06/06
Someone with similar experience?
      #173641 - 02/06/06 09:24 AM

Dear Friends,
Although i've been reading through this forum for weeks now, this is my first posting. Honestly, there are some real great souls here; ShadesOfGrey, Ravi, Daisey6205, EricCo, HIV2AIDS and so many more who've provides so much love, support and insights.

Just like most humans, I've made the mistake and am now facing the consequences. About 2-weeks after intercourse with a sex worker, got those fateful ARS symptoms: papule outbreak, malaise and painful lumph nodes. But what's really bothering me is I've been having Sudden, Sharp Muscle, Vein and Joint pain that comes and goes within a few seconds. This occurs all over body on arms, hands, legs and feet (except face). Also skin tingles all over body and burns on shoulder blade - also quickly on and off. No numbness though. Can anyone tell me if this is what's been called myalgia/arthralgia. My thoughts were that myalgia/arthralgia pain would be constantly there like the joint pain you get during fever. I'm just curious if I've got some major nerve damage going on that might need immediate attention. My life is in ruins because of this...

Will be testing HIV tomorrow CD4 and ELISA - 8.5weeks (crazy Doc insists its good enuff for Window period). Wish me luck and Thanks so much.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: Someone with similar experience? new
      #173645 - 02/06/06 09:44 AM

sorry to hear about you anxiety. the tingling most likely is from stress, joint pain can also be that. ifs funny how we dont realize joint pain is there until we zero in on our bodies. was you risk unprotected? if so pls test at 13 weeks, if it was dont worry about it. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173646 - 02/06/06 09:47 AM

I know it isn't very comforting, but syptoms really do mean nothing. However, ARS symptoms are rare at 8.5 weeks. They usually start within 2 weeks of exposure, and last around 14 days -- not two months. You don't mention if you had protected intercourse or not.

You doctor isn't crazy.8.5 weeks should yield pretty accurate results, especially if you are experiencing symptoms (the body would be creating antibodies).As it is, 6 weeks puts you over the 90 percent mark.

If negative, you doctor will advise you if further testing is warranted. Good luck tomorrow.

man_in_pain

Reged: 02/06/06
      #173654 - 02/06/06 10:08 AM

Dear Friends,
Well the thing about my exposure was - I was given a condom by the sex worker, put it on but don't remember much after that except copious amounts of her liquid on my member, can't even remember if the condom was still on... See i was depressed over a girl i really liked, got drunk with a friend then got stupid. Lesson: A heartache, booze and irresponsible sex should never be mixed together.

Anyway whatever happened, reality is: For over 3-weeks I've got this sudden stinging (jellyfish-like) pain all over skin, sudden sharp pain in muscles and veins. I did an experiment as well just to see if it was stress- for a whole day I hypnotized myself that i didn't get the HIV and was feeling pretty good until the pains started in the afternoon... I don't think its stress. But boy does it cause stress though. Anybody seen/heard about such symptoms before? Painkillers don't help much...

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #173660 - 02/06/06 10:23 AM

I have to agree with shadesofgrey. I am sure alot of this is anxiety. Good luck with your test.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #173723 - 02/06/06 03:25 PM

I am thankful you are getting tested.. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Honestly. Dont put yourself where you dont belong. Wait for the results. Talk to your doctor frankly about testing so earily. Hes the Doc...

Love

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
      #173727 - 02/06/06 03:39 PM

I have converted myself in being silent observer once in awhile but your post attracted my attention and thought would help you out if you haven't tested already to get courage for testing.
Yes I did get those stinging,numb type tingling sensations in half my palms of both hands and feet. I got the pains/joint pains you described too. Never do I remember anything like that coming from anxiety/panic even though I already know what panic attack and anxiety feels like couple of times before.. This pin/needle sensation is gone now....took a lot of deep breaths when negative thoughts were surrounding me. You can see my testing status in signature.
Cheers
Andy

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1837

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3