Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anxiety strikes
      #173511 - 02/05/06 05:13 PM

Hello all,

I discovered this site after seeking out a place to find comfort, a place where I could talk to others who have decided to get tested. I am not high risk, but the idea still stresses me out completely. My husband and I have decided to have a baby and thought it would be wise to test beforehand (Why we didn't test before we got married is beyond me). He may be more at risk in the sense that he has had unprotected sex with a few partners in the past. From what I understand, though, as a man he would have had less of a chance contracting it from a woman. I intend to go to a private clinic and dish out the $$ to get my results faster. Our appointment is next Friday--and I don't know how I will survive till then. Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
luna13
Fanatic

Reged: 01/31/06
Loc: Tn
Re: Anxiety strikes new
      #173523 - 02/05/06 06:12 PM

I wish you the best luck of the world I am pretty sure everything is going to work out fine for both of you.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #173525 - 02/05/06 06:20 PM

Hats off to you and your hub.. Your doing a great thing for both of you and your future baby... Enjoy the week and let the results come when they come..

Best

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173526 - 02/05/06 06:28 PM

Thanks so much for your kind words. They are truly appreciated. Well keep you posted and also look forward to providing others with comforting words in the future. God Bless the Internet!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Anxiety strikes-why don't more people get test new
      #173559 - 02/05/06 09:08 PM

I have been questioning other couples and none of them have gotten tested in the past, which shocks me cause they all had previous partners and they now all have kids!!!! I think this is God's way of telling me I need to get out there and share this whole testing experience with other people. Tell them how important it is. And that, no matter what the result, they are essentially protecting themselves. This is nuts--but, then again, I put off testing forever too.

here4help

Reged: 02/01/06
Loc: Alabama
      #173599 - 02/06/06 01:04 AM

Hi...I know what you are going through right now. I just got tested and one of the main reasons is b/c I want to have kids one day. I am not married, but I am in a relationship. So I told my g/f I was going to get a test done and I did. This is a great site for dealing with this stress. Many people helped me through the process. I tested NEG. Thank God. But, b/c the people on here helped me so much I decided to get a screen name and try to help others.
Anyways you are right about your husbands chances of contracting HIV. The CDC "estimates" some 1/1000 - 1/2000 chance of contraction even if he had been with and HIV pos. female. I dont know any of your other circumstances, but you are doing the "RIGHT THING" and you should take comfort in that. Also....you guys have no signs or symptoms....right? ...no matter what happens, you are NOT alone. You are married and there are many people out there that want to help. Dont be scared to branch out and ask questions and do research, I think you'll find it will only make you feel better. "knowledge is power" right?
I'm sure that you will both test neg. and go on and have beautiful babies. Let me know whats going on and I'll say prayers for you both. o

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173642 - 02/06/06 09:30 AM

Thanks here4help,

Every time I read words of encouragement such as yours, it brings tears to my eyes--seriously. No symptoms from either of us. He is a new husband for me. Previous to that, I was in a 12-year relationship with a man I met when I was only 19 (and therefore, we were each other's first), had a brief relationship of a few months between him and my husband (protection) and a one-night stand with protection (I know, I know, a one-night stand-ugh). So, I think I am relatively safe. It is still always a stressful thing.

Thanks to everyone for listening to me rant!

a

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1338

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3