Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

went to the doctor today and got some results....
      #173363 - 02/04/06 11:20 AM

well, i had some urethitis or however u say it/spell it and i had some type of discharge. it's too early for me to test for HIV but like i said in my other posts, i always use condoms for anal sex (i'm insertive partner) and unprotected oral. well, they took a swab and did a culture or whatever they do and i'm negative for gonnorhea and chlamydia. but he still gave me an antibiotic cuz he said it could be a different type of infection. so i feel great that i don't have one of those std's, but then part of me starts to worry--well, if it's not gonnorhea nor chlamydia could the cause of my problems be HIV. but if i didn't get those std's, the odds are in my favor that i didn't get hiv, either. so, i feel happy. won't be 100% happy until i can test for HIV (it's been about 5 weeks since last sex act) but at least this is encouraging...i think.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: went to the doctor today and got some results.... new
      #173364 - 02/04/06 11:29 AM

hi

regards from india

I am happy you use condoms religiously and surely consistent use of condoms is effective in stopping transmission of HIV and other STD's.Evaluation of HIV status based on HIV is incorrect, only a HIV test can give the correct picture.

Merely getting a STD does not mean that you are HIV infected, however i would like to point out that MOST STD's are curable.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #173422 - 02/04/06 11:53 PM

well i am happy with your results and hope your hiv test is neg, i am sure it will be, optimistic person here. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173535 - 02/05/06 07:34 PM

You can get bacterial infections from oral sex. That is just a fact of life. Your symptoms are in no way indicative of HIV infection.

As I am sure you know, the risk of HIV from being given oral sex is nil. The risk of giving it (to a man) is something in between nil and very, very low.

So, all in all, I think you will be fine.

All the best.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1454

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3