Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please help!! Scared to death!!
      #173074 - 02/02/06 08:12 PM

Hi guys,
This is my situation. First, I am stuck in Tokyo,and dont know anyone here , and dont know the language either. Please help me , I am worried to death,shivering almost continuosly. This was my exposure - fingering a sex worker, followed by touching my unprotected penis . From the archives i know its a low risk activity for HIV. But I am very scared about Hep B. Its driving me crazy. My company is spending 100s of $$ to keep me here and I am just unable to concentrate on my work,worried about going back home with a life threatening disease. Please guys , someone respond. Thank you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Please help!! Scared to death!! new
      #173082 - 02/02/06 09:00 PM

Firstly try to keep calm, your risk of exposure is so low it is almost 0. If your really worried(and you shouldnt be), you can go into a hospital/clinic and get yourself tested. I repeat, keep calm, you are going to be fine, take a deep breath :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173088 - 02/02/06 09:21 PM

Thanks for risk analysis. its been only 4 weeks. i dont think the tests will be conclusive. i plan to test at 8 weeks. but I am in Tokyo for 2 more months and all alone. thats driving me nuts. i will keep calm.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #173089 - 02/02/06 09:24 PM

Save your money.. 13 weeks is a standard in the states.. Chill out, nothing you can do till then. Make some friends and breath...

Love

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173090 - 02/02/06 09:35 PM

1. HIV is not an issue from what you describe.

2. I am not sure about the risk of Hep B. However, from what I see on the internet, it seems to have basically the same transmission routes as HIV, albeit that it is more 'hardy' outside the body; and so I would assess the risk as very low at worst.

In fact, unless your penis had an open wound or you rubbed the girl's sexual fluids directly into your urethra (ouch!) I very much doubt it is possible for either of the viruses you are concerned about to be able to infect you.

Again, from what I can see after a few quick searches, Japan is not concidered to have a high incidence of HIV or Hep B.

Finally, people who catch Hep B usually make a full recovery. Only 6-10% of adults who are infected with Hep B become 'chronic' cases.

All of this should be very reassuring. So relax.

Get a test for both diseases in 13 weeks time just to ease your mind and provide 'closure'. And get vaccinated against Hep B, it is one of the few STDs that you can actually protect yourself against with a vaccine, so why on earth not do so!

God bless!

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #173358 - 02/04/06 11:09 AM

hi

regards from india

I do not see any cause of concern from the activities you report, you should be fine!

Move on mate, you have no reason to worry.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173552 - 02/05/06 08:35 PM

Hi Ravi,
thanks for ur reply. me too from India. here on a business visit. this thing driving me crazy, the social implications on my family is driving me mad more than the suffering the disease itself. you know how these things are in India. i should have been more careful, but messed up. your reply is very encouraging. thanks. which part of India are you in? I see that many ppl on this forum respect your reviews, 'd love to meet you or speak to you when I am back.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2016

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3