Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anon7
Unregistered

All the symptoms & high risk, & terrified.
      #172807 - 02/01/06 03:20 PM

I am probably like so many others who come to this board freaking out, but I get discouraged when I read about people who are truly low-risk when I consider myself so high risk... i am just beyond sure I have HIV and have been so close to getting tested for at least a year... I'm also depressed and feel I may do something stupid if I test positive. I'm a white girl with a boyfriend of 5 years but before this I had probably 15 or so stupid, alcohol/drug/stupidity related unprotected encounters. I remember that a month or so after my bf and I got together he had a face rash for a few days, and then several days after that bad chills for 2 days, then nothing. I had pneumonia out of nowhere about 5 years ago. I currently have joint pain and white patches on my skin and very itchy bumps like bites on my back. My bf is always stuffed up and scratching. I am crying my eyes out just typing this, I am so ashamed of my past and love my boyfriend so much. He was tested three times in the past 3 years overseas (negative) but I honestly don't believe the results, or trust the doctors there whatsoever. I haven't been tested in 8 years. I guess I am just... trying to get the courage to go again, because right now this anxiety is absolutely consuming my life.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: All the symptoms & high risk, & terrified. new
      #172815 - 02/01/06 04:34 PM

when the weather changes peoples' skin does too and a stuffy nose is just a stuffy nose please have some faith in people.

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #172832 - 02/01/06 05:48 PM

have faith in yourself and testing will come alot easier. i know you have probably heard it a hundred times, but i am going to say it again: self diagnosis does not work and symptoms do not equal hiv. i am sure everything will be ok.
i pray that you find the strength and courage you need to go test.
love and prayers
daisey

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #172839 - 02/01/06 06:24 PM

I feel for you , you sound very frightened but lets try to put it to rest and get you tested. first off the test overseas is just as good if not better than the u.s. test, testing sites in europe test for hiv 1 and 2 , here some places only test for hiv 1, blood banks test for both. now that we know your boyfriend is neg. that should ease your mind somewhat and go take the test. your skin problems are just normal things that you would of not given a second thought to. breaking out on your back can be from perspiring from stress. if your pneumonia was from hiv related and you werent treated for hiv, you would of been dead by now. go get tested and take your life back.love and peace

eds
Unregistered

#172960 - 02/02/06 10:39 AM

I promise I was in exactly the same situation, I was convinced I had HIV - every symptom that people on this board where talking about, but after a horrific 2 week wait, I got my results: negative. Im sure you will be fine, odds are in your favour (drastically), keep calm, get tested, stay strong. U will be fine :)

Anon7
Unregistered

#172998 - 02/02/06 01:36 PM

Forgot to mention I can also always feel a few swollen glands under my jaw, had a horrible tonsil infection & UTI a few years ago and have had a wierd white discharge (sorry) for about 4 years now, as well as debilitating joint pain in my hip, foot and hand.... all this at 26 years old. I am trying to prepare for the worst, at this moment I can't imagine it going any other way. Posting here finally after months of just reading has definitely given me strength to get tested though, and I am grateful to everyone for your words of encouragement! I'm going to get tested before the end of the month. Hold me to it! ;) Thanks everyone.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1463

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3