Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anxiety and fear/Mental Health
      #172441 - 01/30/06 10:49 PM

Does anyone know of any other disease that my cause so much anxiety and so much fear in people. They tell us to be educated but as I am reading the articles and information, the more fear and anxiety I get. But it becomes like an addiction, I don't want to read more because its scaring you but you press on whether for curiosty or knowledge.

I have been doing that for the past couple months and its driving me up the wall. I sneeze, scratch and itch, headache, getting tired, pimple - anything different that was on my body I attributed to the disease. I have taken several test up the 3 month window (which god bless) have been negative. I have had three doctors tell me that no further testing required.

Of course by now I know too much for my own sake and will continue to test to the 6 month window just for my own sanity. So while I am waitng I have been put on Xanax,Lunesta,Zoloft all to help me keep my happy thoughts as I wait on.

I wonder if the Pharmy companies are cashing in on this - more "literature" more fear, leads to more testing leads to more anxiety leades to more meds.

I just bought this up because I went to see a Physciatrist after not being able to let go and because I wanted to continue testing. His told me that he see at least 5-6 new patients a month with the same on gong fear about HIV. WIndow period questios, I don't believe my tests, I have to be postive despite my negative test due to symptoms. You get the idea.

The greatest advice he gave me was the the fear and anxiety of the disease has cause more people to loss their jobs, family and friends than the actual disease it self.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bura
Grand Master

Reged: 01/11/06
Re: Anxiety and fear/Mental Health new
      #172472 - 01/31/06 07:09 AM

Hello,

I think we are in the same boat, of anxiety people. I really do hope that i would not be infected as my symptoms are slowly appearing. I have been tetsing for 177 days. I do pray that i am not a late seroconverter, coz once i am confortable, i really don't wanna to talk about this already. I think, that you should do what you are comfortable with and when that happens i.e. u r negative, praise the lord and enjoy life. Keep your love ones together and take care of them like you would if you are a hiv +. So, thats all from me, would be taking another elisa as i would love to break the 180 days mark. I am scared as my lympth nodes under my chin has been swelling a little and lympth nodes at the back of my neck, from one swelling became two.Also the non-tenderness swelling underneath my armpits, no pain....that means it is not a good sign as a hiv symptom. Anyway take care of yourself. Bye!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Anxiety and fear/Mental Health new
      #172483 - 01/31/06 09:29 AM

I have been where you are at and remarkably the majority of my symptoms (not all) have diminished after I convinced myself nearly a month after the negative result that I truly was negative. I thought the test was wrong. I was that sure I had it. I am now sleeping well after four months of anxiety. Good luck.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1336

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3