Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Infected from a blood drawing?
      #172414 - 01/30/06 07:52 PM

I went to a civil surgeon's office to have a medical examination today. As a part of the medical exam, I had to get my blood tested. The annoying thing is that the doctor didn't wear gloves at all when he drew my blood. He also used his bare hands to pick up a cotton ball, squeezing and then pressing it on my needle wound after my blood was drawn. All these were done without gloves worn. I'd say his hands looked not that clean. He also got several cuts on the tip of his right middle finger. So I am now worrying about the possibility of HIV infection via this blood drawing. Is it possible to transmit HIV virus from his cuts on his finger to my needle wound when he was drawing blood for me? I can not believe he is a CDC trained civil surgeon. He even doesn't know how to protect both himself and the patient when performing blood drawing.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Marie2

Reged: 01/26/06
Loc: Arizona,USA
Re: Infected from a blood drawing? new
      #172425 - 01/30/06 08:48 PM

He should be the one worried about getting the virus not you. Your fine, what you should of done in that situtation is stopped him and asked him what the hell was he doing not using the proper safety methods. The reason they use the gloves is not for the safety of the patients, it's for the safety of them, He the fool. Be happy and don't think about this for one more second.

--------------------

Anonymous
Unregistered

#172427 - 01/30/06 09:01 PM

Marie2, thanks for your kind response. But could I ask a further question? Even if the doctor's cuts on his finger are fresh (kindly red), am I still safe from HIV infection? My biggest concern is that the cotton ball might had touched the cuts on his fingers before he pressed it on my needle wound.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #172453 - 01/30/06 11:25 PM

hi

regards from india

You pose no risk whatsoever from what you state.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1495

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3