Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

white blood cells
      #172155 - 01/28/06 06:46 PM

I have been to the doctor twice in the past 2 weeks and he has found white blood cells in my urine. He says it isn't a UTI. My last possible time of exposure was 8 weeks ago. Could this be indicitive of HIV secroversion?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: white blood cells new
      #172158 - 01/28/06 07:19 PM

I have been tested for STD's as well- negative. HIV test at 5 weeks negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#172181 - 01/29/06 12:40 AM

White blood cells in urine mean a urinary tract infection. Could be no bacterial prostatitis. Do you have any other symptoms? -- frequent urination, painful side, etc.?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#172192 - 01/29/06 06:53 AM

Painiful urination was intial symptom- no change in frequency, or urgency though. No pain in side. The burning upon urination happens after urination- on the labia, as if the labia is irritated. Doc said UTI would hurt as I strained to pee. No bacteria present- he belives it is not UTI- has done pelvic exam as well. I had a bout of diarreah recently which he said might be the cause, though that was only after the first test, and before the second.
Thanks for your response!

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #172196 - 01/29/06 08:47 AM

hi

regards from india

Never heard of honestly, however having said that presence of symptoms is not indicative of HIV, only a HIV test can give you a true picture of your status.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#172211 - 01/29/06 11:44 AM

Sorry, I thought you were male. Prostatitis only happens to me. Sounds like a UTI to me. You might want to get a second opinion from another doctor or a std clinic. They can do a swab there.

In ant case, 8 weeks is too late for seroconversion illness. It usually takes place within 2 weeks, and most people actually are seroconverted by week 8. Also symptoms don't match. You would have a fever and flu like illness etc.

Really, get it checked out by another doctor or clinic. It will give you peace of mind.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#172218 - 01/29/06 12:47 PM

Yeah, I looked it up and was like- sorry not a dude :) Thanks for your response though- and you too Ravi.
I have one of my lab papers here that I requested- and it mentions squamous epi cells- which I had no idea what those were. I looked up "urinalysis" and found it to coincide with a contaminated specimen. White blood cells show up sometimes when the specimen is contaminated as well. I know one time I didn't use a "clean catch"- so I'm hoping all of this was merely contamination. From what I read, white blood cells as abnormal- and can signify infection, cancer, immune disorder.
I will check out local clinics- possibly Planned Parenthood.
Thanks again.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #172279 - 01/29/06 07:18 PM

Those lab results could be indicative of many viruses and problems with the body, not one of them being HIV.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4575

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3