Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
bura
Grand Master

Reged: 01/11/06
Decrease in Haemoglobin!
      #172087 - 01/28/06 04:55 AM

Hi,

Just to update, i have received results for my general blood test. Thank god i passed my elisa. Actually i do have some questions. In 2 months, i notice that my haemoglobin has dropped from 17.3 g/dl to 15.6 g/dl.RBC dropped from 6.7 to 6.1 x10^12/l,mcv dropped from 79 to 75 FL,mch maintained at 26 PG.platelet count increase from 229 to 289 x10^9/l and wbc increase from 7.2 to 8.1 x10^9/l.Now the concern that i have is this statement. RBCS appear generally normochromic and normocytic.a few microcyctes,ovalocytes,occasional hypochromic cell and TARGET CELL SEEN! Borderline RBC indices suggest HB analysis to exclude thalassaemia trait. Ok guys, i am freaking out coz my doctor is not in and the nurse passed me this report. Is there by any chance that the decrease in haemoglobin and others mentioned is related to late seroconversion. The reason of me asking is becoz my stupid doctor is not in and i now have the report in my hands. STD's are cleared. ESR from 7 in november is down to 4 mm/hr in january.So guys, just shoot the opinions!thank ya'

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Decrease in Haemoglobin! new
      #172090 - 01/28/06 05:57 AM

Congrats on your second negative test. Now I think you need to stop this. Really. You have tested negative twice well after 6 months so you are negative,unless you've been engaging in further risky behaviour. Accept your negative resluts.

Your counts look to be within the normal ranges. Blood cells flucuate all the time depending on different variables, such as time of day, etc., and seroconversion takes place weeks not months after exposure. You should know this by now.

During ARS white cells tend to go down, namely the lymphocytes causing a condition called leukopenia. Finally,from what I know thalassaemia is a genetic condition.

Now really, Bura, accept your negative result -- which many here would do anything for -- and get on with your life & consider counselling. Based on your posts, HIV is not your problem.

In the meantime relax and go over your blood work with your doctor or go to another doctor to have them interpreted if you can't wait.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #172093 - 01/28/06 08:10 AM

bura, my god you have quite an anaylisi of your blood, you are hiv neg, the esr is a general all around test, very old, but it tells something very important, below 10 i men is very normal it will fuluctuate but it tells the doctor ther is no kind of inflamation going on with the body, during seroconversions most of time esr shoot up and return to normal (sometime) after ars. hemoglobulin will change in the body as will rbc change , time of day , what you ate for the last week, vitamanin, stress , exercise,lots of things or just the body natural fluctuation. i hope you are seeing a counselor about your fears. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#172094 - 01/28/06 08:23 AM

Hey,

thanx for the information. i did ask the experts regarding my blood test result, hopefully they would come back to me on that.The doctor here sucks man! Anyway, my lymphocyte has gone down from 24% to 21%.....but i do hope they are normal.I am actually anxious in waiitng for my PA result...sigh another 8-9 days. The thing about that thalassaemia comment, it did not appear in the november 2005 blood test report, however it did come appear after 2 months. I wonder if it is normal??who knows??just gotta wait for my doctor!bye

chao

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
      #172121 - 01/28/06 01:20 PM

Bura I have one word for you
CONGRATULATIONS
but again you never even have to test as you had tested after 6 months. Hope you will stuff disecting the details on your blood test as it makes no sense to people like us lot of the times..if there is anything alarming, DOC WILL GET HOLD OF YOU...IT IS THEIR DUTY MAN!!!
Hopefully you find peace within yourself
Andy

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

bura
Grand Master

Reged: 01/11/06
      #172125 - 01/28/06 01:46 PM

thanx man!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1858

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3