Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
lindy
New User

Reged: 01/25/06
I would like to know the truth
      #171884 - 01/27/06 12:59 AM

I have a question about the life of the hiv virus after it's out in the air. I had read many of you saying it dies within seconds out in the air,but if you ask different health care professionals they will say something different. some say it depends on if it's warm or cold,dark or in sunlight. Some will say minutes, other's will say hour's. What is the truth?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Veteran

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: I would like to know the truth new
      #171892 - 01/27/06 01:28 AM

hi

regards from india

Well, HIV is a fragile virus and is not adaptable to our environment, it dies within seconds after it is exposed to the environment.The most important fact to remember is, HIV can only replicate itself inside a host i.e human body.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#171947 - 01/27/06 09:22 AM

Well here is the truth. The HIV virus is a fragile virus that is true. However it does not die immediately when exposed to air. It does become less infective as the fluid it is in dries. When the fluid is totally dried there could be no infection. That said however, you must understand that this virus has to have direct entry into your blood in order to have a chance to infect. Note I said, “have a chance to infect” even then it is a whippy little thing and rarely does infect.

Bottom line; keep contact with body fluids at a minimum but don’t flip out if you come in contact with some especially if it is external.
DJ

mike918
New User

Reged: 10/18/10
      #252581 - 10/19/10 07:39 PM

It is a very weak virus once outside the body. Lysol will actually kill it and so will Pinesol, so a little hint... If someone accidently cuts themselves and bleeds on your carpet, tile, coffee table, kitchen knief, ect. Spray some Lysol on it to kill what ever is in the blood (or body fluid) then clean it up like you normally would. really you only have to be worried if you are drinking it, but even then stomack acid will kill it most of the time, and i would hope you're not a vampire.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1423

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3