Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

lymph nodes - I can't relax
      #171724 - 01/26/06 11:57 AM

I'm the one who posted the lymph node question. I just can't relax. they have been so tender going on two weeks now. The sore throat I had got better days ago. Shouldn't my tenderness be better too if it were from that? Whats really freaking me out is the night sweats the last couple of nights and the muscles / joint aches I've also had with the lymph node swelling. I don't know if its me worrying or something else. I don't know how I;'m going to make it to my test date. I completely feel as if Im positive. All these signs? I just can't see me coming back witha negative test. :( The only things I haven't had are a fever or rash from the most common signs. I did have chills the first weak after my potential exposure.
How do I get throgh this? I just called my husband hysterial and he doesn;t know what to say to me anymore. My neck is soo tender and the tenderness mostly seems to be on the right side of my neck. :( i think my groin lymph nodes are swollen as wel. I feel a couple of bumps on one side. :( I have no hope...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: lymph nodes - I can't relax new
      #171727 - 01/26/06 12:00 PM

How long would an ars fever last? did I have one and just miss it? I'm always so cold. I normally have a lower than average body temperature. Basedo n this, could I now have shown a fever? The highest my temp ever got was 99.3 one day and that was at the doc's office after I ran there to talk about my concerns. 1 week post.

Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
      #171729 - 01/26/06 12:07 PM

It could just be the flu... Lymph nodes that are tender from regular types of infection may stay somewhat tender for a period of time. So don't jump to any conclusions. Have you been to the doctor? Have you had any antibiotics? Sometimes even a course of antibiotics will cause lymph node swelling and tenderness.

In the end, if you have had a potential exposure the only way to know anything for sure is to get tested. The symptoms you describe could have any number of different causes and not necessarily HIV.

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Anonymous
Unregistered

#171732 - 01/26/06 12:12 PM

I haven't been to the doctor and i didnt think it seemed like i had the flu. I can't belive thier still so swollen and tender. I'm going to test early next week. I hope the counseler can calm me down. I've lost ~8 lbs in the last 3 weeks.

Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
      #171735 - 01/26/06 12:19 PM

What makes you think it may be HIV? Did you have a significant potential exposure?

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Anonymous
Unregistered

#171745 - 01/26/06 12:39 PM

every1 i know is sick right now. If you have to flu it would not surprise me. its a sucky coincidence but the stress is also hurting you too. try looking up the harmful effects of stress and you will see just what worrying can do to you. btw: nodes due to hiv usually do NOT hurt.

bura
Grand Master

Reged: 01/11/06
      #171862 - 01/26/06 10:11 PM

Oh great man!! sigh...i should have just shut my pc...and not poking into here! Regarding lympth nodes, i've got them under my chin and armpits and those are not pain. I am waiting for my PA and gosh....this is really driving nuts!

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #171868 - 01/26/06 10:45 PM

hi

regards from india

As often said, presence of symptoms do not represent true status of a human, only a HIV test can.Symptoms in ARS are concurrent and lymph node swelling is generalised.Having said that there are various other clinical situations which may cause similar symptoms.

Goodluck!

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2653

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3