Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
dying2no

Reged: 01/19/06
Am i HIV positive?
      #170472 - 01/19/06 06:35 PM

I met my ex-boyfriend in December, and we soon started seeing each other. We had sex plenty of times, and im sure we used a condom 75 % of the time. the other 25% of the time im not sure. I've had a couple of the symptoms, the muscle aches(in my neck) i feel like i have a sore throat now, diarrhea, and i feel like vomiting(i'm not sure if that's from the crying, or the disease). Can i be HIV positive? I feel like i just contracted the disease from him, and we still talk, but im too scared to ask him about it. I told him before i even thought i had HIV, it was time for me to get tested again, but now that i actually think i have it i'm scared.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Am i HIV positive? new
      #170474 - 01/19/06 07:49 PM

I am sorry that you are feeling so scared.

There are no symptoms that are specific to HIV infection, certainly not the ones you mention. There are thousands of (more likely) potential causes, including stress.

Could you be HIV+? Unless you know your ex-boyfriend is HIV- for sure, then yes you could. But what is the likelihood that you are? I suspect that it is extremely low.

My advice to you is simple:

1. Get tested. Just do it. Preferably find somewhere that does rapid testing so you can go and get the result the same day. If you take this test 12/13 weeks past the last time you had unprotected sex, then it will be definitive.

2. Always use condoms. That way you don't have to worry in future. Only give them up when your are in a secure relationship with someone you now to be HIV-.

My guess is all of this is almost certainly unwarranted worry. However, past experience tells me that you will never be able to let go of that worry until you get a test.

I wish you well. God bless.

dying2no

Reged: 01/19/06
      #170477 - 01/19/06 08:11 PM

thanks.

ny10001
Grand Master

Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: New York
      #170572 - 01/20/06 01:56 PM

I agree with everything except one thing...giving up the condoms in a "secure" relationship with someone you know. I was infected towards the end of a 5-year relationship because my partner was having extra-relationship flings and apparently wasn't doing it safely. Sadly, the way the world is today...I don't think anyone can ever safely give up condoms.

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #170573 - 01/20/06 02:18 PM

i agree also, the only way you are going to know for sure is to test. no one can tell you on line, yes you have it or no you do not. there are far too many things in this world that can cause non-specific symptoms.
unfortunately hiv is like playing russian roulette, especially if you are not protecting yourself. the one person you least expect to get it from, may be the one person that you do contract it from.
let us know you things turn out. please find the strength to test, believe me knowing is alot easier to deal with, than not knowing.
love
daisey

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170656 - 01/21/06 07:12 AM

Actually, i do feel screwed up. I made a mistake exposing myself with unprotected oral and protected sex with a sex worker. Now, i am worried that i have contaminated my wife as i do have some symptoms.I really feel lousy and daisey's posting is really the down of my day.sigh....i do love her and i am actually planning to have kids. Help me god!

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #170667 - 01/21/06 09:10 AM

i am sorry for making you feel bad. i never meant to do that, but i am not going to lie to you. ALWAYS protect yourself. hiv is not something that goes aroung picking who gets it and who does not. we all have made mistakes, no one in this world is flawless. God forgives you and He knows your heart. pray about it. He will give you the strength you need to make it through this.
again, i never meant to hurt you and i apologize for bringing you down. i am not here to bring anyones spirit down. please forgive me and know that really my heart is in the right place. my prayers for you.
love
daisey

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #170701 - 01/21/06 11:16 AM

go get tested

read the information on this site (not the forums)

apply that information to your daily life.

this will elimante most fear,risks,and also answer most questions

Good Luck & God Bless*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1979

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3