Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Toungue!
      #170369 - 01/19/06 05:22 AM

I notice that my toungue is whitish at times. Also at the sides of the toungue...it is like wavy. is this normal?or symptom?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AnxietyMe
Unregistered

Re: Toungue! new
      #170371 - 01/19/06 07:49 AM

Normal. I freaked out over the same thing- and it's normal. If it is just sometimes- it's not thrush. Which could be a symptom- but there are other reasons for thrush. The most likely reason for a white tongue is dry mouth.... maybe from stress or deyhdration. I had a cold, which influenced my white coated tongue (that and really bad anxiety). There are also these things called tonsil stones- little white balls that come out of your tonsils- that can influence a white tongue (and bad breath!)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170395 - 01/19/06 10:57 AM

What do you mean by wavy? This could possibly be Hairy Leukoplakia. Go to a dentist and check it out! Does it go away or is it always there? For how long?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170460 - 01/19/06 05:38 PM

Forget trying to diagnose over the internet. Go to a doctor or dentist if you are concerned.

Having said that, tongues seem to be one of the biggest issues for WW people. As the other poster suggests, tongue issues seem to be one of the first manefestations of stress (due to a dry mouth I guess). Often I suspect that it is people just inspecting their tongue more closely than they ever did before and finding stuff that was always there!

If you are worried about HIV, what was your risk? If it was a 'real risk, the only way to deal with the situation is the test for HIV at 13 weeks or more past your expsosure. Your tongue, or any other symptoms you report here, are of no use in determining your HIV status.

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170491 - 01/19/06 10:28 PM

Hi wat is this Hairy thingy??

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170506 - 01/20/06 12:58 AM

Yeah, well that doesn't explain the sides of the tongue does it????

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170513 - 01/20/06 03:12 AM

This is the same tongue as the white wavy tongue in another later post by Bura. So it does not need to be explained other than it belongs to someone who has tested well beyond the necessary timeline and is conclusively HIV negative, and who is turning themselves into a complete wreck by worrying about something they do not have.

If you have symptoms then go to a doctor or dentist. Maybe you have something wrong with you. But if you are engaging in frightened speculation that those symptoms are manefestations of HIV when you have tested negative at 13 weeks or beyond for HIV, then go to a mental health councillor. That is all I can say.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170547 - 01/20/06 11:17 AM

dude.. if you are worried about tongue ask yourself this. How often in the past have you checked your tongue? To feast your mind check this website out. It has many many many many tongue piercings with pink, white, gray, etc. Do you think everyone on this website has HIV? (http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/02-tongue/bme-pg02.html) And oh, by the way, the white tongue or candiasis starts WAY AFTER SEROCONVERSION. For some it takes 5-7 yrs to get it. That is if they do!!!. Hope this helps.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1346

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3