Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

condom slippage
      #169933 - 01/16/06 08:24 AM

i am a 19 year old college student. last night i had sex with a girl i didn't even know. as we were changing positions i noticed that the condom had slipped off. i'm not sure her hiv status. but if she were poz. does that mean that i wil get it? i'm really scared.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: condom slippage new
      #169939 - 01/16/06 10:35 AM

What do you mean slipped? If the end of your mighty pecker was not exposed you are at no risk. Even if you used NO condom your chances of getting HIV are almost nil from another college student. HIV is not the common cold it is hard to get. That said, you should use protection but your HIV risk is nothing compared to other STD's given your exposure.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169957 - 01/16/06 01:58 PM

wow, you mean that because she's in college i have nothing to worry about. i guess i will stay in college forever. and when i say slipped, that means it came off.

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #169963 - 01/16/06 02:49 PM

its much more difficult for a female to pass HIV to male, than say, the other ways of transmission. If this had happened during the changing of positions,before ejaculation, your rsk is quite low, almost nil. The previous poster is wrong in saying that because its another college student , you shouldnt worry. This disease does not discreminate, and in fact the biggest percentages of those having/spreading this disease in the U.S. are those 25 & under.....so i'm sure that would include the biggest percentage of college populations. Prevention & awreness are play key roles in the spread of this virus. I suggest you educate yourself with factual information, like what is offered on this website*, and implement the preventative measures in your life, and you will not have to worry about getting , OR giving this virus to anyone. If after educating yourself about this, you feel you have placed yourself at risk, please , go get TESTED. Testing is the ONLY way to tell if you have it. Latex condems are highly affective in stopping transmission of HIV along with many other STD's..quit worrying and take proper care of yourself.....God Bless*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170003 - 01/16/06 08:29 PM

wow, you mean that because she's in college i have nothing to worry about. i guess i will stay in college forever. and when i say slipped, that means it came off. <,

Good ,now learn how to use the "shift" key when typing the word " I "

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170004 - 01/16/06 08:38 PM

The previous poster is wrong in saying that because its another college student , you shouldnt worry. This disease does not discreminate, and in fact the biggest percentages of those having/spreading this disease in the U.S. are those 25 & under.....so i'm sure that would include the biggest percentage of college populations. <<

Bolonga!!! The majority are Gay men period. The infection rate in the U.S. college population is almost NIL. Protect yes but to mask the high risk population gets others who are in an extreamly low risk group suffer needlessly.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170006 - 01/16/06 08:55 PM

Firstly, let us clear up the issue about college girls. Yes, of course, the average rate of infection amongst girls in college in the US is considerable lower that amongst relatively high risk populations such as gay men. But that does not mean that you can bank on the fact that your girl was HIV negative. Unless you KNOW a person is negative, you need to assume they are not and have protected sex. Having said that, from a statisitical viewpoint, the chances are low and that should be reassuring.

Secondly, it is correct to say that the chance of transmission is low from female to male. Even if she was HIV+, I have seen the estimated chance put at around 1/10,000 of an infection.

Thirdly, most of the time you were protected. If the condom slipped off when you were withdrawing, that makes the situation even lower risk. However, whether or not you had ejaculated is completely irrelevant to YOUR risk (it would be relavant to the risk of male to female transmission, since semen is infectious, but that is not what we are discussing here).

Conclusion: It is EXTRELEMY unlikely that you acquired HIV from this incident. The statistics of demographics and of tranmission are massively in your favour. However, to be conclusively sure that you do not have HIV, you need to test for it. If you test at 12-13 weeks plus that will be final and definative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170037 - 01/17/06 07:43 AM

The statistics of demographics and of tranmission are massively in your favour. However, to be conclusively sure that you do not have HIV, you need to test for it. If you test at 12-13 weeks plus that will be final and definative<

I guess its hard to argue with erroring on the side of caution however I would not even advise this person to test at all. The stress of testing would do him more harm than good. All this nonsense about testing for any sexual contact what so ever is pure hype.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170054 - 01/17/06 10:39 AM

if she were poz. and the condom came off, then I must have come into contact with her fluids. it couldn' t have been for more than 5 min. or so. I just reallt don't know when the condom came off. and now i'm hearing from different people that she sleep's around alot.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1573

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3