Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Normal tongue and mouth
      #169521 - 01/11/06 04:59 PM

I am trying to find what a normal tongue looks like on the internet but am yet to find a pic. Any ideas? i tested Neg passed 4 months but I am being my worst enemy. In the past I never checked my tongue but now after my Elisa I keep checking and wondering about it. I read on this website that if I had any mouth diseases they would start showing up 5-7 yrs after the fact. Is hits accurate or am I wrong?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: Normal tongue and mouth new
      #169523 - 01/11/06 05:04 PM

Normal tongues and mouths vary greatly. Chances are...what you are looking at everyday is your NORMAL tongue and mouth. They have bumps and lumps and large tastebuds and small tastebuds. If you tested neg at four months you don't have HIV....try to stop checking your mouth and tongue...it will drive you CRAZY! If you have some type of oral issue, see a doctor or dentist that can diagnose...but rest assured, it isn't HIV.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #169525 - 01/11/06 05:25 PM

no that is true it could take 5-7 years and than you would have some oral manifestations of hiv but you have to be positive first, which you are not. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169526 - 01/11/06 05:29 PM

shadesofgray i didnt follow what you said!! sorry i am not sure if U meant that i would or wouldn't have oral manifestations 5-7 yrs after infection. Sorry about my lack of understanding here

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #169528 - 01/11/06 05:31 PM

it takes about 5-7 years before your immune system is deteriorated enough to cause oral manifestations of hiv, you have a neg test at 4 months, that time window does not give you a false neg, you dont have hiv, hope this helps. love and peace

ItsFaith
Legend

#169530 - 01/11/06 05:33 PM

at that point you MAY have oral manifestations....not definetly. And again...neg at 4 months....you are NEG. That warrants a Congratulations!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169532 - 01/11/06 05:37 PM

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge with me. i will take the good things from this experience and educate those around me. Lets keep donating to find a cure for those who have been invaded by this terrible disease and be compassionate with all who suffer from this!!!!!!!

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
      #169537 - 01/11/06 05:49 PM

yes i think dr. bob from thebody has website out www.theconcertedefforts.org or something like that you can donate there.
regards ww

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

ItsFaith
Legend

#169538 - 01/11/06 05:50 PM

Well said. That's why I'm here! Although I'm neg, I met the most wonderful people that were so kind and compassionate when i was in a horrible place. So, I come here help those that are scared and support the one's that weren't so fortunate as to test neg. Be safe and share your knowledge with others....so that we can put an end to this damn virus.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2278

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3