Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
AnxietyMe
Unregistered

6 week results and mouth question...
      #169380 - 01/10/06 02:46 PM

Negative!!
iIni woo-hoo!! I'm still nervous, but glad that the test was neg. It was a very calming experience. The counselor was helpful, and also listened to me vent. I'm glad I went and did it. I took my son to the museum after the results, and didn't think about my fear almost the whole time, which is a good thing. It's been consuming me for the past 6 weeks.
One step forewards and two steps back tough, lol. I decided to look in the car mirror at my throat, as it's been irritated by one of my tonsils and under my tongue. I get those gross tosil stones (bacteria that collects in tomsils and comes out as semlly white balls.. ew) and was messing with my tonsil the other day,
Now I just got over my thrush (white coating) fear, and here I go poing at my throat again...
Now their is a swollen ball under my tongue and one near the tosil I was poking at. And that one looks white.. almost like a pimple would. It's not on the tonsil, but the tissue in front of it, the part that moves when you stick your tongue out.
LOL< could i have injured myself from sticking my tongue out too much.
It sounds insane, but so does sticking your tongue out in front of the mirror every 20 minutes to see if the white coating has gone away (which it did btw, after purchasing a tongue brush)
Has anyone experienced a bump like this, self induced or not. lol. I know this has to sound odd to anyone reading it. It hurts pretty bad, especially when i do stick my tongue out.
I know, I know... THEN DONT STICK YOUR TONGE OUT. lol.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 6 week results and mouth question... new
      #169385 - 01/10/06 03:00 PM

Hey Congratulations.. enjoy your -ve results. I tested at 5 weeks and feel some what relieved and you are better off at 6 weeks. I am at 9 weeks and 5 days now. I am waiting to do one at 12 weeks and be done with it. U can do the same!
You should be fine.
WW

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
      #169387 - 01/10/06 03:09 PM

and that was me :-)

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #169390 - 01/10/06 03:12 PM

I have something similar to that in my mouth kind of under my tongue back near the tonsil.....found it during my many mouth examining sessions....I tested neg at six months....it is a normal part of my mouth....and my doctor has seen it tons of times, as I went to him damn near weekly for different things I was convinced were HIV related. Relax....enjoy your six week neg test. Now...I'm NOT an expert...but I believe I read that if you were experiencing "symptoms" of ARS, you would infact test positive...I AM NOT AN EXPERT...THIS IS ONLY SOMETHING I READ. so, try to relax! Enjoy that little one of yours.

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#169391 - 01/10/06 03:24 PM

this response adds to my anxiety faith...just kidding...cause most of my symptoms started after testing for me...oh well will see next month :-D
Cheers
Ww

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

ItsFaith
Legend

#169393 - 01/10/06 03:28 PM

OH Stop! You are fine damn it! ;-P

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #169400 - 01/10/06 05:07 PM

do people actually see you doing this, stay out of your mouth, most people would seroconvert at 4-6 weeks, 13 weeks are definitive. so your odds are heavily in your favor, also if you had any oral symptoms from serocoverting you would of been done with them by now and the next set of symptoms wouldn't happens for a few years. hope you enjoyed the museum with your son and didnt' run off to the bathroom to check your mouth, your son is going to think you are strange,lol. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169401 - 01/10/06 05:09 PM

this is the 12 week site please go back to the 13 weeks site with the other mean people.

ItsFaith
Legend

#169402 - 01/10/06 05:10 PM

Oh, I would be in my car checking my mouth in the rearview mirror....and would think..."lord I hope no one sees me..." but I'm sure they did....yes...i looked like a freak!!! Thank GOD i'm passed that....too all those c hecking their mouth out there, I understand...but
STOP!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169404 - 01/10/06 05:37 PM

You must love to hurt yourself. A 6 week NEG test and your still worried about a coated tongue!! Nothing one could say to you at this point will help. It is stress Dilbert. get over it and start to live or crawl under a rock and drag your whole family with you. You are HIV NEG.period.

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#169408 - 01/10/06 05:51 PM

6 week is not definitive as per standards of many organizations but it is very encouraging. Wait until 12 weeks and test after that. It will be 100% conclusive at that time.
WW

--------------------

AnxietyMe
Unregistered

#169415 - 01/10/06 07:24 PM

lol me running to the museum bathroom to check my tongue- no I didn't. I am actually over to the white coating- well partially b/c it has been gone for a couple days- again- praise to the tongue brush.
II guess that one poster who told me to get over it or drag myslf and my family under a rock... well it was harsh but true.
In no way do I want to feel like this. I really am struggling to get it out of my mind.
And when obsessively checking the mysterious white crap on my tongue.... I was home alone.... not out in the world with people wondering what the heck I was doing, lol.
My last post was meant to be a little humorous, and I was asking if anyone on here had actually caused themselves injury from checking their tongue.... as I think that's what the symptoms I currently have are from. It's absurd..and at least I can laugh at it.
I want to believe I'm negative, and don't think there is any high chance that I'm positive. Didn't mean to get on anyones nerves, it's just that posting helps, it's the only chance I get to really talk about the extent of my anxiety about this. Thanks for reading and even if you think I'm nuts, thanks for replying ;)

shadesofgrey
Legend

#169423 - 01/10/06 09:07 PM

nobody thinks you are nuts, just trying to find humor in OUR insane behavior. its amazing what our body does when we start tuning into specific symptoms, your mouth most likely always looked the way you at first saw it when the obsession began and than pulling on it scraping it and stretching the lips so you can put your hands in it most likely caused some damage, most people here are just trying to show you how when we think irrationally and we all do , things get out of control, 13 weeks is conclusive, i know everyone says 12 but technically 3 months is 13 weeks, most people will seroconver at 4-6 weeks over 90 percent or maybe its 95 . i hope this helps and the poster that wanted you to grab your family and crawl under a rock was just frustrated i guess, who knows, doesn't matter , you are well and try not to obsess, i know that is hard when you think about hiv but its most likely hidden guilt issues and shame issues when it comes to sex. hope you have a long and healthy life. love and peace

AnxietyMe
Unregistered

#169427 - 01/10/06 09:36 PM

Yes, I understand why the poster would be frustrated, and I do think it is definately a guilt issue- I've thought about that a lot lately and if anything- this scare has given me a chance to examine my life and emotions. (Not that I think I or anyone SHOULD feel guilty for having sex- it was just the circumstances of my encounter that make me feel guilty)

shadesofgrey
Legend

#169429 - 01/10/06 09:50 PM

try forgiving yourself you are human and you will continue to make mistakes. love and peace

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3490

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3