Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gonna' get tested--nervous but think i'm low-risk
      #169093 - 01/07/06 10:44 PM

well, i'm a gay male and i've had insertive anal sex with only 1 person in my life, although i've been with him sexually many times--with me always being the insertive partner. i don't know how many people he's been with. he's told me that he's always used protection. anyway, i know hiv is a serious issue so i've always used condoms when i performed anal sex on him. so, i think my risk would be low, right? 1 time the condom did break on the side of the condom, which worries me a bit, but i think it still covered the top of my penis which would offer some protection. the other times the condom hasn't broken, although it has slid down a lot--i don't know if it ever slid completely off during sex, though. so i'm VERY nerous about getting tested for the 1st time but i have to do it for peace of mind. but i think that since i've been with only 1 person (even though he's been with several) and i've used condoms every time (even though it broke once) i think the chances of me being infected are low, right? he assures me that he has always used protection and he says that he was tested a few months ago w/ no problems. of course i want to check myself instead of taking someone else's word. but you think i'll be okay, right? Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Gonna' get tested--nervous but think i'm low-risk new
      #169108 - 01/08/06 07:10 AM

Do I think you are OK? Well only a test will determind that. As far as your risk,it is very small.You being gay should know how hiv is transmitted. You have been carefull. HIV is hard to transmit even for the bottom. Why don't you get together with this guy and you both go get a 20 min test. That will end it. I would suggest getting tested every six months anyway it is much better to know before it is too late.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #169113 - 01/08/06 07:35 AM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169116 - 01/08/06 09:45 AM

"you being gay should know how hiv is transmitted"

what the $%$#@ is that? Let me assure that this disease does not descriminate, it will affectanyone with a immune system that it can. EVERYONE should learn how its transmitted, and more important Learn how to prevent it.<<

No kidding! I detect the usual hostile gay response when simply pointing out that gay men should be on the front line in knowledge about HIV transmission. The gay response is always militant if one tries to point out the obvious. That said, unprotected anal is the prime mode of transmission in America period. So my response to the poster is correct regardless of your sensitivities.

Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for the responses...r new
      #169119 - 01/08/06 09:50 AM

i'm gonna' get tested soon but it makes me feel less anxiety to know that i'm "low risk"--it makes me feel more confident about taking the test. so anyway, thanks for the responses.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: thanks for the responses...r new
      #169125 - 01/08/06 10:39 AM

Good luck!! From what you have posted I would bet the ranch you are NEG. I wouldn't lose a min. sleep over it.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #169132 - 01/08/06 02:01 PM

the one who got offended was not gay, but i am and i am offended, everyone should be knowledgable about hiv transmission to put a gay face on it is not very nice, alot strait people became infected because everyone thought it was a gay disease in the early years but alot of straits were unknowingly spreading it too, also in the gay community gay tops use to feel they couldn't get it. we all need to know about transmission and yes in this country anal receptive is still the highest risk do you realize how many strait practice this form of sex. curious about a condom also ripping on the side, usually a condom breaks and you know it right away, never had one just tear on the side. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169193 - 01/09/06 08:13 AM

the one who got offended was not gay, but i am and i am offended<,

I guess all I can say about that is TOUGH

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #169201 - 01/09/06 10:34 AM

you just dont get it, i am sorry for that. love and peace

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2534

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3