Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Drinking and ARS
      #169047 - 01/07/06 12:11 PM

Would severe drinking during the window cause ARS to slow down or come sooner?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
Re: Drinking and ARS new
      #169070 - 01/07/06 05:33 PM

excessive drinking suppresses alot of things, and also makes the brain blind to reality, so if ya have severe alcoholism ya probably wouldnt notice ARS anyways.Relying on symptons to tell you if you have hiv/aids is the wrong thing to do. Some dont even have symptoms, some have them and dont realize thats what they actually, others think they have them and dont....your best bet is if you think you might have contacted this disease is to get TESTED...God Bless

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169072 - 01/07/06 06:23 PM

I would think heavy drinking would slow down the ARS occurance and make it appear later. Although, with heavy drinking, there is a lowered immune system to fight the virus, so it would appear earlier. Just trying to think it through.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169165 - 01/08/06 10:54 PM

The answer is NO.

The only reasons I have ever seen given for a slow down of the bodies production of antibodies are: long-term intravenous drug use, cancer treatment and organ transplant. These all potentially involve a MASSIVE compromise of the body's immune function.

Remember that the vast majority of people who are going to test positive will do so within 6 weeks (the average is somewhere between 21-25 days, which means that half the people must have tested positive before that). The reason that there is a 13 week limit is to catch the few people who test positive after this . If excessive drinking caused people to fall outside this very conservative limit of 13 weeks, then you would see the time-line extended by the CDC, WHO etc. (because, frankly speaking, excessive drinking is very far from rare).

So the conclusion is simple and clear....if you get a negative test at 13 weeks or later, you can definately rely upon it as being final and conclusive. Even if Mr Jack Daniels is your very best friend.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169377 - 01/10/06 02:02 PM

I think this question was asked to Dr.Holidny once, i believe if I remember correctly that he said excessive drinking would very unlikely have any affect on seroconversion.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1396

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3