Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whick labs offer 4th gen Eliza test?
      #168976 - 01/06/06 03:52 PM

We are using the 2nd gen Eliza where I come from and I want the new one. Does anyone know where I can get it. Do you feel comfortable with he older gen verses the new gen? I feel I'm 100% sure I have HIV after high risk exp, but my tests are neg on the 2nd gen. Any help would be great.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Whick labs offer 4th gen Eliza test? new
      #168983 - 01/06/06 04:25 PM

If it was after the window period then your negative! Why would you be worried about it still?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168984 - 01/06/06 05:00 PM

Well let's see!!!

Dry mouth
weight loss
very oily skin
night sweats (every night)
salivary problems
eye problems
swollen face in morning
loss of muscle all over body
hair loss

and one biggy!!!! A high risk exposure to a person who's cd4 was37 and viral laod of over 300,000

Is this enough for you? It's my choice to test as much as I would like, just wanted to know if someone knows of a lab that offers newer versions of tests. Oh, forgot to mention the little std present that came along with all the rest of my problems. This could not be anything else, and I'm not going to sit around and be stupid about the changes that are going on in my body just because the stupid cdc and I do mean stupid puts a 6 month time frame out there. If it were protected or not a known exposure I guess I would be ok with the window period, minus the symptoms, but I'm no fool and was very healthy before. I have tested out 10 months on these rapid tests and know all of a sudden there having problems with false pos, well what about the possibility of false negs, what are they going to do to confirm those!!! In a nutshell NOTHING, what can they do. They have a way of confirming the false pos's but what about false neg's????? Makes me wonder. Again I had a REAL EXPOSURE, not rubbing my who who against sombodys who who and thinking I might be possibily pos.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #168993 - 01/06/06 07:18 PM

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #169000 - 01/06/06 08:42 PM

only time you get a false negative with any generation elisa test is when you are in the 13 week window period. you should be thankful you escaped the high risk behavior instead of lashing out . take a xanax. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169005 - 01/06/06 09:23 PM

I hate to tell you stress will mess you up bad and cause them I had way more sysmptoms than you and and tested negitive out to 7 months. Stop worring,.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169015 - 01/06/06 11:40 PM

I don't have an attitude at all. You can't tell me there is nothing wrong with me. Not only have I had the symptoms that I mentioned I have had no periods or when they do come there very different, everything is directly related to the virus, no other std's cause all of these problems. This is something and I have to find out what it is. The night sweats are very worrisom to me along with my hair loss at least 30% gone. I have checked for thyriod and lots of other things. I'm scared and just looking for a lab that does really good testing. Why do I have to hear that I don't have this, just answer my question is someone knows please.

shadesofgrey
Legend

#169018 - 01/07/06 04:51 AM

because even when you get a so called 4th generation test you will believe it for about a week if that long and than doubt the results, look on the web and see the difference between both generation test, as far as neg go i think the 4 th one will find majority of infected after 4 weeks but all at 13. buy the new home access test, its 4th gen. all your physicall problems can be directly related to stress, including your period.i suggest you go on wtih your life and get some counseling on why you wont accept the resutls.love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169030 - 01/07/06 09:35 AM

Do you ever wonder if some of these people who write in maybe do have some different strain of HIV that maybe we just don't know about yet? Think about it!!! What were the people told that had HIV 2 before they knew of it? They were probably told to do the same as me and a few other people who really have terrible symptoms, to go seek mental help. What if you would of had HIV 2 back when they knew nothing of it's kind, and you were suffering from symptoms you knew were not wright. Would you have just blown all your worries and problems away. There is a post that Dr. Bob just answere to a guy that titled the post Mr. Looney tunes, read it. It does make you wonder. If I end up being pos with this I'm going to really need people to talk with, all I get hereis your neg don't worry about it. I know that you guys are just trying to help, but try not to be so quick to put all the WW's in the same catagory. When I come to this board I try to keep in mind that I am talking to people who actually have this CONDITION, that's what I like to call it. I never talk crazy crap and try to make anybody feel less then who they are. I never say things that would make HIV pos people upset or bring them down in anyway, so I would ask the same thing in return. If we all stick together and write back in there could be much to learn from all this. Please do read his post to Dr. Bob it will make you wonder.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #169034 - 01/07/06 10:31 AM

shadesofgrey
Legend

#169054 - 01/07/06 03:46 PM

the hiv test is pretty reliable, if you choose not to believe it there is always a pcr test which could come up positive but with very low copies of the virus , this doesnt mean you are infected, also one can have their immune system check with blood work, trouble is most ww concentrate on hiv when there is something else that could be wrong. its not blowing them off but you also have to be rational about this. so if you have some strange virus that nobody but nobody has every detected , dont you think someone would of found out by now. ww has been going on since the beginning of the hiv, no one with this CONDITION is going to be able to help that person.love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169055 - 01/07/06 03:54 PM

OK, I hear what you are saying, Let me ask you this. Are there any other types of a virus that can cause all this from someone who is HIV pos that they can pass on to you that would last 10 months and give you these symptoms?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169057 - 01/07/06 04:09 PM

I hear you...I don't know where there is a place to get a 4th generation test, but I do believe my lab either screwed up my results or it wasn't detected because I am convinced I have it also! Please let me know if you find an answer! Everyone thinks I am crazy also!

shadesofgrey
Legend

#169091 - 01/07/06 09:59 PM

do you realize how many viruses there are in this world? there are over 200 viruses that just cause the common cold. so if you are serious about getting to the bottom, find an infectious disease dr. who needs the money and let him test your blood till he and you are satisfied, the only thing you know is you dont have hiv. epstein barr virus causes alot of problems in people, cmv, on and on and on, love and peace

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3199

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3