Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

could I be infected in this way?
      #168924 - 01/05/06 10:51 PM

I had a hair cut in a hair salon yesterday. When the barber lady washed my hair, she also massaged my scalp using her fingers for a few minutes. Unfortunately, one rash on my scalp was broken by her scratch, and bleeding a little bit. I began to worry. What if that barber is HIV positive? Could I be infected by HIV in this way?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
Re: could I be infected in this way? new
      #168926 - 01/05/06 10:57 PM

oh please....read the literature and answer your own question...i highly doubt you have anything to worry about.You both would have had to have gaping wounds with large amounts of bloods for a significant worry, let me suggest you ease your concerns by cutting your own hair.....God Bless

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168930 - 01/06/06 12:06 AM

No. No. No.

You need to educate yourself about how HIV is transmitted, because if you worry about this, you are going to walk through life in a near constant state of fear.

The only real life risks you have to worry about are:

Sharing needles.
Unprotected penetrative sex.
Giving oral sex to a man (a very low risk, but still a risk).

Forget about your incident and, when you have calmed down, take time to do some learning on this.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168933 - 01/06/06 01:30 AM

Thanks for your patient reply. but what I really worry about is what if the barber also got bleeding cut on her fingers when she scratched my scalp? would that be a possible way for HIV transmission?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168934 - 01/06/06 02:12 AM

Do not go down the road of "What Ifs".

What if the world is going to be destroyed tomorrow by a huge meteor?
What if tomorrow you discover that your father is a transexual lap dancer in his spare time?
What if the tonight the FBI crash through the door and shoot you in the mistaken belief that you are Columbian drug lord?

All of these things could happen, but only in the most absolutely unlikely set of circumstances. Only somebody with phsychological issues would allow such things to worry them, right?

So yes, if your hairdresser was gushing fresh blood from their wounded finger into an open gash in your head, that would be a potential risk. But we are talking auto accident stuff here....not a scratched pimple. So it just does not apply to you.

Please stop right now. Stop thinking about 'what ifs', stop looking up stuff on the internet to try to justify your unfounded fears (I am guessing you are or will do that), stop ignoring the lessons and advice that you will find on all authorative HIV-related information sources that will tell you that this is a no-risk situation.

Take a deep breath. You have nothing to worry about.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #168940 - 01/06/06 08:40 AM

i am a hairdresser and gay and very hiv informed so the answer is NO. love and peace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169027 - 01/07/06 08:42 AM

This is a no risk situation all the way around, but I think it's pretty funny that you're worried she infected you in the first place. If anybody should worry about this non risk, it would be her. After all, you're the one that was bleeding, not her.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2032

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3