Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

i wanted to know something about the testing
      #168805 - 01/05/06 12:24 PM

I would like to get tested but i want the one that takes 20 mins to find out cause i cant wait around for 1-2 weeks and panic i just want it done and over with. A few more questions how longs does it take HIV TO BECOME aids if you are not on any meds.?? and when u acually get aids DO You KNOW. is there alot of sypotoms and illness u feel when u become fullblown..... thank u

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: i wanted to know something about (adding) new
      #168810 - 01/05/06 12:29 PM

I live in oregon too so is there anyone who can tell me where i could get the 20 min test... done i would be extremly glad

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #168814 - 01/05/06 12:46 PM

health clinics offer free 20 minute testing. if you are going to do a rapid test i strongly encourage you to make sure it is after the window period.
as far as when does hiv become aids? the classification for aids is when your cd4 count drops below 200. some people when they first test are in that classification, others are not, but meds help to bring those counts up. no one can really say how long it takes for hiv to become aids. it really depends on how you take care of your body and alot of other factors. some people may be non-progressors and others may be rapid progressors. no one truly knows and we are not doctors here. the best thing you can do is test and find out for sure if you are + or not.
prayers,
daisey

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168825 - 01/05/06 01:26 PM

Check the literature, check the studies, check the news reports, check the HIV clinics, the only real difference in accuracy (based on samplings of hundreds of people) between the rapid tests (oral or blood) is the increased risk of false positives, which can be nerve-wracking. There, of course, will always be odd cases here or there that suggest otherwise. I have heard of people testing positive on standard tests, then test negative on rapids which turned out to be true. The opposite occurs also.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168846 - 01/05/06 03:18 PM

my blood test came back in two days...which one is this I was guessing the ELISHA!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1484

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3