Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
NodePoker
Unregistered

What are Lymph Nodes??
      #168674 - 01/04/06 03:53 PM

I know the clean the blood but how does one know if they are swollen? how big do the get? is the pain constant or does it come and go? I have this pain in my neck, pitts, and groin that is rather annoying. Its a throbbing dull heavy feeling pain that will come and go. It lasts from about 3-30 seconds then goes away. it come back about 5-10 times a day in each area. does that sound consistant with HIV disease? oh yeah, my exposure was less then 6 months ago.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
Re: What are Lymph Nodes?? new
      #168680 - 01/04/06 04:58 PM

lymph nodes filter infection out of the body. if one is swollen, you will know. you can feel it, regardless of being in the groin, pit, neck, or wherever it may be. (normally you can feel it) they can range in size. i have one swollen now that is about the size of a pea, but i also have one swollen about half the size of a golf ball (some people it is normal to have swollen nodes). any type of infection can cause lymph nodes to swell, not just hiv. i have had this problem for years. in fact 2 years ago, when i was -, i had 2 nodes removed because they had been swollen for so long.
you really need to see a doctor though......... self diagnosis is a terrible thing and no one here can diagnose you.
best of luck
daisey

NodePoker
Unregistered

#168695 - 01/04/06 06:20 PM

Thanks for the response. you said you had a node that was swollen to the size of a pea?? I thought that nodes were normally that size. if they are swollen wen they are the size of a pea then it would seem that all mine are swollen xcept for my pitts. should i be able to feel the ones in my armpits because i feel pain but i can not feel a node no matter how hard i try. can every1 feel them in the pitts or do some people have them too deep?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168708 - 01/04/06 08:00 PM

Your name says a lot. Stop poking! This in itself can cause your nodes to become inflamed.

Even if your nodes are inflamed, as Daisy says, this could be for all sorts of reasons.

I see you mention that your exposure was less than 6 months ago. Please note that if it was more than 3 months ago, the CDC, NHS, WHO and countless other HIV knowledgable bodies would tell you that a test now would be conclusive and definative.

Going to get a test at 3 months is the answer to any concern you might have about HIV as opposed to speculating on the possible inflamation of your lymph nodes.

All the best.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #168723 - 01/04/06 08:26 PM

usually lymph nodes that swell in hiv are painless

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1649

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3