Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
iHateHIV
Unregistered

Already???
      #168543 - 01/03/06 02:51 PM

Infected 16 weeks ago and thrush may already be present. Is it possible for oral thrush the come this early in the infection? The person of whom I am speaking is 21 and is in good health otherwise and always has been. Any ideas?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: Already??? new
      #168546 - 01/03/06 02:58 PM

Thrush is an opportunistic infection that can take hold when the CD4 count is low....if that is the case, it could be thrush...however, you don't state whether or not this person has even tested, or if they just think they h ave thrush. 1st thrush can happen people that are HIV NEG....2nd it may not be thrush...if it hasn't been diagnosed by a doctor, it should be before you assume it is thrush and HIV. See a doctor...get a test and a diagnosis. Symptoms DO NOT equal HIV.

iHateHIV
Unregistered

#168553 - 01/03/06 03:21 PM

Thanks for the posts. We are almost certian that it is Oral Thrush and it will be tested soon. But has anyone ever heard of and infected person getting thrusg soo soo soon? The date of infection was September 3 of 2005.

Btw: It was sex with a prostitute. A condom was worn correctly and did not break.

shadesofgrey
Legend

Reged: 12/02/05
      #168559 - 01/03/06 03:50 PM

you posted this same question on aidsmed.com. or else there is a twin story out there, thrush can be seen at seroconversion but is not typical. also diabetics , antibiotic users, lots of things look like thrush, when you scrape it off your tongue there will be raw kind blood marks, reason i know is i had nephew that had it, looks like cottage cheese, can eat the stuff to this very day. if you had a condom you will be neg.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168568 - 01/03/06 04:28 PM

Its not on the tounge, its on the inside of the cheeks. When we scrap it off there are no marks at all except for 1 time. there was 1 single white spot and when we scraped it, it bled a little. he takes no antibiotics and has no other illnesses. if its not thrush then what is it?

shadesofgrey
Legend

#168572 - 01/03/06 04:39 PM

it could be anything as aids2hiv said if that was the only incident and it was protected than proceed to find out what the white stuff is, it may be thrush it may be mouth rot, it could be any number of things but if it thats one protected exposure you are worried about its not hiv. love and peace

iHateHIV

Reged: 01/03/06
      #168584 - 01/03/06 05:59 PM

thanks for the positive (or should i say negative) attitude towards our situatuon. One more question, is mouth rot something that is real or were you just making examples?

shadesofgrey
Legend

#168600 - 01/03/06 07:35 PM

there is trench mouth i call mouth rot, but what i am trying to point out to you is dont waste time chasing hiv, you might definitely have something but its not hiv, as long as your sexual encounters were safe, so get a good internist and let him look at your mouth, or at least your dentist. love and peace

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2613

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3