Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

worried I might have HIV
      #168307 - 01/01/06 07:03 AM

Now I know symptoms don't equal results and one cannot be diagnosed over the internet but please take your time to read my story and answer my questions that I have. Thanks :)

I am a 23 year old bi guy who hasn't had sex with anyone since February and had a test at August which came back -ve.

Last night, as a lot of people did I got very drunk and ended up meeting a guy who I have been talking to for a while on the internet. He said his last test was in September before an operation he was having.

We engaged in oral (both giving and recieving) as well as rimming, fingering and anal sex.

During the anal sex (which was rather brief as sadly he could not stay erect) we used two condoms. The second one was used as I know you are not meant to use them unless fully erect. The problem is that he put it on inside out then put reversed it and put it on again.

There was a possiblity of pre cum but not actual ejaculation from neither of us.

What is worrying me is that about turning the condom inside out and that I have woke up with a tender penis (I have tight foreskin) so am scared he gave something to me.

Was my exposure if he was HIV a high risk? Is oral sex/fingering/rimming etc seen as high risk?

Although 3 months is the window period is there a certain point during that time where the actual percentage of what my result will be? For example if I get tested at 6 weeks, what is the percentage that that result will be close to my 3 month one?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
2ndChance
Expert

Reged: 08/09/05
Re: worried I might have HIV new
      #168308 - 01/01/06 07:15 AM

Not too sure on the condom issue. Its good that you used them though, shows you are being safe.

As for some of the other things, I believe rimming and fingering are considered very low risk. Oral sex certainly is.

Anonymous A.
Unregistered

#168309 - 01/01/06 07:48 AM

In the upper right hand corner of any page of this website you will see the word "prevention". Click on that and it will take you to another page. Scroll down on that page just a bit and you will find a pull down menu giving stats on specific sexual acts and rates of risk. That helped me quite a bit!

I'm a straight woman, but I'm still in the same boat. Been very cautious in the year since I've been tested and seperated, but then a beautiful man floats in your life for a minute and all common sense goes out the window!

Many blessings in this New Year.

A.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168353 - 01/02/06 06:34 AM

hello.
i think you are in minimum risk. all the acts you did a low risk.
as you may have read, HIV is not an easy virus to transmitt. there has to be alot of things in the right place.

about the 2 condoms.
i know they always say is not safe, but i have never feel safe with one, so, if it is a casual encounter, i will never use just one. I have done for 15 years, I have been with HIV poz, and never,(knock on wood) have a break up.
if you do use 2, just make sure to use extra lube, and check from time to time that everything is in place.

do not worry,
you are fine.
if you can not live with not knowing, wait 6 weeks and do an orasure.
take care.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2001

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3