Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

acute syndrome
      #167842 - 12/26/05 07:32 AM

ravi, or anyone else, could you please tell me in the acute syndrome phase, if one is having that, with flu like symptoms, do they go away on their own. the reason i ask i'm not sure if i'm having acute symptoms. i know the only way to know is to get tested. i just want to know about the acute phase. if you have the flu/cold and you take antibiotics/flu medicine you get better. my question is with the hiv acute syndrome does the meds help you or does the acute phase end on it's own. i have been sick for about 3 weeks. regular meds seem to be not working. i'm a little scared. please respond.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: acute syndrome new
      #167844 - 12/26/05 07:45 AM

hi

regards from india

ARS aymptoms occur 2-4 weeks post exposure, more often the symptoms are flu sortish and concurrent, the symptoms go away by themselves.

If you feel worried you may want to get your symptoms evaluated from your health care provider, diagnosis based on symptoms is incorrect.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#167845 - 12/26/05 08:00 AM

ravi, in your opinion, or if you have knowledge of ars, what normally happens. ravi, i had sex with my girlfriend who is poz. the condom slipped off. 2 weeks later i started getting sick. went to the doc, said i had bronchitis. been 3 weeks now. ravi, with ars due you normally have more than just the flu. i understand that other things happen also. like rash, night sweats. i really appreciate your responses. ty. i am getting tested this week. one more thing ravi, how long does ars usually last.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#167850 - 12/26/05 09:13 AM

ARS clears up on it's own in about a week. Obviously you aren't suffering from ARS.

Brochitits isn't a sign or symptom of ARS and many times won't clear up until after a course of antiboitics.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#167853 - 12/26/05 10:28 AM

ars is flu like symptoms. been sick for 3 weeks. almost 4 weeks now. that's after possible exposure. girllfriend is poz. condom slipped off. nothing other than the flu. i'm getting tested this week. is it normal for ars to continue for almost 1 month?

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #167864 - 12/26/05 12:48 PM

hi

regards from india

As i have said in my earlier response, your risk level is quite low, the condom offered some protection and besides HIV is a hard virus to transmit, moreso from a female to a male.

ARS symptoms vary from person to person,generally ARS strikes you as a flu-like sickness usually about 2 to 4 weeks following initial infection. The symptoms usually last 3 to 14 days and go away on their own, just like the flu. Having said that ARS symptoms are concurrent.

Symptoms is no way to diagnose, only a HIV test can.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1943

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3