Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

numbness
      #16763 - 03/19/01 08:47 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm a guy in college and now I'm waiting for the result of my HIV test. I really can't concentrate on my study because all the stress and anxiety about HIV but hope this test will be helping me a little bit if it is negative...anyway, I had a unprotected sex about 7 weeks ago, I had swollen glands around 3rd week, and I think that is all the symptom I had, but now my buttock and legs turn numbness when I sleep, or sometimes I just sit down on the sofa and my legs feel numb again... the one I fear most is that even when I'm taking notes in the class my hands suddenly turn numbness.... I don't know why is that, is this a symptom? I search few of websites only one of them described a symptom of HIV... I don't know I'm just freaking out...anyone help?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
duncan
Unregistered

Re: numbness new
      #16768 - 03/19/01 09:50 PM

I think I saw it in one site too, and I heard about it once when my father had numbness and couldn't believe they wanted him to test for hiv - but that was after LOTS of tests on him and they were running out of ideas.
If it makes you feel better, for a long time - before my possible exposure, when I get stressed, I can get numbness - especailly at night when I sleep tensed up, half of my hand will fall asleep (ring+little finger half) maybe you are similar under pressure.
Regardless of what your exposure was, the good news is you can get a pretty definitive test soon at 8 weeks, and an 8 week nagative is a very good sign. There are probably free clinics in your area, or you can try a Home Access, but you might need to wait a while before you can trust it's result. check out their site and call them or an aids hotline if you have questions, and ask here - these people are very well informed, and if you need support, post here and we'll get you through.
take care, and God bless

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: numbness new
      #16769 - 03/19/01 09:53 PM

I shouldn't have said "definative" test at 8 weeks - I just meant it's a good sign. sorry for the mix up

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1628

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3