Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
WorryWart
Unregistered

U know it (Am I infected?)
      #167525 - 12/21/05 12:28 PM

I know a definite answer can only be obtained after doing the test. I am in a month window now and I am going to get tested. I had sex with a hooker and I used condoms but she performed oral sex on me and i fingered her for like a minute. I do not have any acute HIV symptoms but worried. Only thing i have is itchy throat and pain during urination....which just started after like a month...any thing that you suggest? The test result will be posted here after a week and the lady suggested I take another one after 2 months..Any suggesstions?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: U know it (Am I infected?) new
      #167526 - 12/21/05 12:35 PM

I would be tested for other STDs. Your risk for HIV is almost Non-existant...but other STDS are a possibility.

WorryWart
Unregistered

#167527 - 12/21/05 12:38 PM

Thanks Faith. I have faith on god. Hopefully I come out negative on today's testing. I will wait on this burning during urination issue as it just started like yesterday..have been drinking a lot of water lately...that might also be cause for it. The 30 days test results are available after a week is what she said..if it comes negative is it still necessary to take the 90 day test? How likely is it for to appear on 90 day one? Do you know? Anyone?

ItsFaith
Legend

#167529 - 12/21/05 12:48 PM

You will still need to test again at the three month mark, but a negative on this one is very encouraging (especially considering your extremely LOW risk) Drinking a lot of water, however, would not cause burning when you urinate...you may have a urinary tract infection or something of that sort...so I wouldn't "wait" on it...I would definetly seek medical treatment, because you shouldn't let things like that linger...just because it isn't HIV doesn't mean it isn't someting that needs to be treated. Seriously, Chlamydia and Gonoreaha (Sp?) can cause burning when you urinate, as can a UTI or another bacterial infection. (med's will clear any of these things right up!)

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
      #167538 - 12/21/05 03:13 PM

Thanks faith123. I just came from my testing. I was amazingly calm than I thought I would be. Actually I feel a lot relieved now. Half of my anxiety is already gone. They tested using OraSure..and said my results are in after a week but since they are closed coming wednesday, I will get to see it only on Jan2nd monday betn 7-9 pM CST.
The lady there also recommended me to get tested for other STDs and gave me a number. I am going there tomorrow to get myself tested with other STDs too. U are right, drinking lots of water doesn't explain it. And the waiting period for this test is also a week I suppose.
One question I have is, If I tested positive on the STDs how likely is that I will test HIV +ve if the hooker had HIV?Or are they totally unrelated....!
Shed some light on it please
Regards
WorryWart (now a registered poster at thebody.com)

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #167579 - 12/22/05 12:42 AM

hi

regards from india

Your risk as far as HIV is concerned is absolutely non-existant from the exposure you describe, testing pertaining to HIV is not warrented.

I would urge you to get screened for other STD's.

Goodluck

stay well

take care

god bless you

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#167601 - 12/22/05 08:57 AM

Thanks a lot Ravi. Interesting that you are from India and helping out the board as much as you can. Keep up the good work. Are you related in this field of study or this is just your social work. Anyways kudos to your help.
Yes, I do think the risk are very minimal, but there are some symptoms that's why i am worried. This scratchy, itchy throat has been persistant for almost couple weeks now and the pain during urination started yesterday. Does STD causes scratchy,itchy throat too? I am going to get other STDs checked out today.
The results for HIV are due Jan 2nd (So a long ways to go because of the Holidays). I never had any other symptoms..no fever nothing. What percentage of HIV infected show signs of heavy illness in the first month?
Wish me luck and please keep me in your prayers. I have a beutiful wife and a very cute 4 year old daughter...I really really regret what I did. I am praying God for forgiveness and promising never to do the same mistake again. I was really stupid to do that for sure...Now I don't know how I am going to go and get that results.I simply don't have courage...Any thoughts? Any thing that I can think of?
Please help
WorryWart

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #167622 - 12/22/05 12:37 PM

hi

regards from india

Not that i know off, i am sure you are going to come out okay out of this..

As far as i am concerned, yep i am a former ww and i help people for two reasons:

A) i seeped alot of info on HIV/aids during my personal ordeal and i want to share it.

B) i do not wish anybody should go through what i did....simple!

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#167627 - 12/22/05 01:49 PM

what is 'former ww'?

--------------------

ItsFaith
Legend

#167629 - 12/22/05 02:00 PM

Former Worried Well.

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#167630 - 12/22/05 02:33 PM

or WorryWart like me duh!! Thanks faith

--------------------

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Re: U know it (Am I infected?) -- STD test today new
      #167632 - 12/22/05 02:49 PM

Going for a std pack testing today for $15.00. That is cheap! I might get the results earlier than my HIV.
Wish me luck folks
WorryWart (WW)

--------------------

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #167639 - 12/22/05 04:24 PM

Like the others have said.... I wouldnt overly worry so much about the hiv test. the risk you describe are not concerning for hiv. But some std's can be passed orally. (did you perform oral on her as well?). -- because that could cause some symptoms in your mouth.....but not if only she performed on you. (but it is possible for her to pass an std orally to your genital area).
There aren't any confidential or anonymous testing sites for std checks in your area? I've never heard of a "kit" before?? even the clinic I work at (std clinic) the results of most test are usually available in 5 days. (and some std's can be read w/in minutes of a culture).

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#167642 - 12/22/05 04:52 PM

No Debbie, I didn't. I was just the receiver. Yes there is one I found today I don't know if it is anonymous but it is thru our local city health dept. I am going to get checked out in an hour. Thanks...like everyone's saying it is much relieving to know the risks associated with my actions in ratio terms...I hope to have a very clean life from now on..let's pray
Worry Wart

--------------------

ExWorryWart
Guardian

#167672 - 12/22/05 10:12 PM

Came from a STD test and they thought there might be NSU(Non Specific Urethrietis). I was given azithromycin 1 gram and after coming home had really bad diahriaa. Was concerned until I saw that diariha is one of the sideefects of this antibiotics! But looking like it is helping with my urinary tract irritation and also some with my scratchy throat....Anyways results will be in within a week for STD and since they offer HIV test too, I wanted to do that since this one was actually using my blood. So I'll be in a much better shape knowledge wise on Jan 1st week.
There were two things that concerned me though. The lady said that only 'very few' gets the ARS symptoms and that 6 month's test is the only test that can confirm 100%. Is she following old specs? Why did she give me contradicting information? Anyone?
Please wish me luck
Worry Wart

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4208

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3