Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Triple
Unregistered

Not Stress or Anxiety
      #16708 - 03/17/01 09:45 PM

Why is my body so screwed up? I think I have pink eye now, I have gotten a red, itchy eye two nights in a row. It didn't bother me all day but now it is killing me, normal visine seems to relieve it, does visine releive pink eye? I hope it does. If its not HIV racking my body as all of the people on this board seem to think, then it is definitely something (NOT STRESS OR ANXIETY!) Maybe it is HIV 2, maybe Home Access got my results screwed up, maybe I have a new strain that they could name after me (Just kidding). I am going to take a test at Quest Diagnostics on Monday the 26th for HIV 1 and HIV 2. If these come back negative then I will be eternally grateful and will avoid this board totally.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Not Stress or Anxiety new
      #16710 - 03/17/01 10:38 PM

Triple, you should be avoiding this board NOW along with all other HIV web sites. Pink eye is NOT a symptom of HIV!
Seriously, you should get some counseling to help you through this. You sound like you're on the edge.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Not Stress or Anxiety new
      #16712 - 03/17/01 11:36 PM

I agree. You are completely irrational right now. Seek help immediately!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

TRIPLEEEEEEEEEE new
      #16729 - 03/19/01 11:17 AM

Dude, you don't have Hiv2!!!!!!! Quit it. You don't have some rare strain either. Trust me on this. I did the same crap you're doing and you're going to destroy yourself. Take your LAST test and move on with your life. I just turned 26 and don't plan on visiting that road again. I'm still mentally screwed up from it because I let myself get out of control. Take it easy. You'll be fine.

Triple
Unregistered

Re: TRIPLEEEEEEEEEE new
      #16731 - 03/19/01 11:57 AM

I could have HIV 2, I know all the statistics but when you're 22 and you're hair (body and head) is coming out, your muscles are constantly tired, your skin is all of a sudden dry, you have dandruff for the first time in your life, there is a white coating on my tounge. All of this just seems a little much to be coincidence. Maybe I have HIV 1 and home access screwed up my result. Maybe I got it from the wisdom teeth surgery I had in December and my home access result is to early to tell (2 months). I don't know I just want my health back and if I do have HIV 1/2 I will come back and post some "I told you So" messages.

Xander
Unregistered

Re: Pink eye/dandruff new
      #16786 - 03/20/01 01:05 PM

I used to be bothered frequently by pink eye until I saw a doctor who gave me the following advice.

Pink eye can usually be cleared up in a few days by carefully washing the eyelids once or twice a day with eyelid
wipes you can buy at a grocery store or drug store. The generic or store brand of wipes are the same thing as
the expensive brand name, so save yourself a few bucks if your store carries generic. If it is particularly severe,
you can also dab a bit of triple antibiotic lotion (also available at grocery/drug story) on the eyelid after cleaning;
but be careful not to get the gel into your eye (I use a cotton-tip swab for this).

Pink eye can be aggravated by dandruff, so washing the hair and face with a good dandruff shampoo helps to
prevent a recurrence, as will continuing daily cleaning of the eyelid with the wipes. If none of this helps, or it
recurs continually, you should see a dermatologist about the problem.

I would not see this as a sign of hiv infection; I was bothered with pink eye and dandruff for many years before I
became hiv+.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1896

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3