Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

kissing?
      #166847 - 12/12/05 05:08 PM

hey i posted before on this site. i worried and am worrying as fuckin hell cuz i kissed a sexworker and the next day i woke up with a sore on my lip. i know all of u said hiv is impossible to be transmitted this way unless we were both bleeding, which i doubt cuz i did not feel a bite nor taste blood nor see any blood. ok so i coulndt of worried if it werent for the literally TONS of symptoms i got. alot, trust me, ALOT!!!!! i was just wondering, what std's do u consider i could of gotten from kissing??? Would u guys recommend any std check up following this risk???

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dr. M
Unregistered

Re: kissing? new
      #166852 - 12/12/05 05:51 PM

You most likely do not have anything. Does a sex worker mean a prostitute? I have kissed many prositutes and never got HIV from them. I ended up HIV positive from a male partner. The symptoms are in your head, most likely. It is literally amazing what the mind can do to one's body. If one can imagine it, then it often can exist. So your "ALOT!!!!!" symptoms are most likely nothing, although you did not give me any timeframe to go by. You do not get HIV from kissing! However, if you are kissing your boss's or professor's ass, this may be different. Kissing "sexworkers", that is, those devoted to making the lives of others irrevocably ecstatic, is still not a risk factor dispite their promiscuous activities. So please, indulge yourself safely. You do not need STD checkups, at least not for HIV. And if not for HIV then what do you worry about? Everything else you can deal with without significant change in lifestyle or even more, a cure!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#166858 - 12/12/05 07:04 PM

No stds. You could have gotten HSV-1 which is oral herpes from kissing but it would take a couple weeks or more to get what is generally referred to as a fever blister. Genital Herpes which is considered an STD is not transmitted by kissing.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #166870 - 12/12/05 09:33 PM

hi

regards from india

No risk whatsoever as far as HIV is concerned and testing is unwarrented.

goodluck

stay well

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

gordon

Reged: 12/13/05
      #166878 - 12/13/05 04:00 AM

Unless I am mistaken if you kiss a person mouth to mouth and one of you is have HIV+ and the HIV+ person has a small cut in the gums or in the mouth area. The suliva with a small potion of blood will be trasmitted, hence making the other person HIV+. Correct or not?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#166883 - 12/13/05 06:18 AM

Gordon that is just way off base. Very incorrect.

Saliva is non-infectious.
Studies have even show that it has something in it that inactiviates the virus. That's why getting oral sex is not a risk.

This whole small potion of blood stuff makes no sense. Even babies don't get HIV from a couple of drops of breast milk. If there is enough blood to cause a risk of POSSIBLE transmission, then the would be enough blood to satisfy a vampire and probably turn off anybody that was looking for a kiss.

Keep this in mind. In over 2 decades kissing has never been shown as the cause of any infection. According to the CDC only ONCE in all this time was it looked at as a POSSIBLE way of transmission. It was never confirmed as the source of transmission. Even the CDC won't say kissing is a risk.

MsLola13
Fanatic

Reged: 12/12/05
Loc: United States
      #166886 - 12/13/05 08:03 AM

exactly.. i'd say you are at zero risk if you made out with a sex-worker...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#166956 - 12/14/05 09:11 AM

If you got HIV from kissing you would be the first confirmed case out of 40 million plus.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3088

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3