Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
johnson

Reged: 12/01/05
PANIC ATTACKS
      #166063 - 12/03/05 04:15 PM

I need some advice! I am married and have been for 9 years. I recently had sex with a friend (female) outside of my marriage. I am teerified that she may have the virus and may not know it. I had sex with her on November 6th/ 14th and 16th. I did not use any protection on her(because she said that she was last tested on February 05. I am really streesing out over this and I went and got tested on the 18th(Negative). I know that this is not enough time for the virus to show in the system. I have told her that I think that she should go get tested ASAP and she said that she would after school was out for Xmas. She has been active with her boyfriend of 6 years and she has told me that he was tested in March and was negative. She also said that she has used protection with him since she was tested in February. I do not know what to do! I can not imagine bringing something like this home to my wife. I know that my behavior was immoral, but my concern is for HIV. I talk with my friend everyday and I have really streesed her out over this. Should I just chill out and get tested every 3 months until I feel safe or should I wait for her to get tested in a few weeks and leave it at that.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: PANIC ATTACKS new
      #166065 - 12/03/05 06:13 PM

I think you need to relax. Your friend doesn't seem to have any reason to lie to you....she has been tested, and although you should test to be certain, I feel rather confident you will be okay. Was there a risk...yes, as you don't know her status without question, but chances are she isn't lying and is fine. Test at 3 months and then move on....perhaps talking to this woman you were unfaithful with your wife with is not the best idea however, may lead to temptation you don't need to subject yourself to. Guilt is most likely part of your problem too, and will make it hard to let go of this, but try not to stress too much...odds are absolutely in your favor.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#166069 - 12/03/05 07:16 PM

are you circumcised ? if so you have a very low chance of getting hiv , but i would trust what she said , don't worry as for the panic attacks look up deep breathing on the web you might think it is hocus pocus but it works

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #166082 - 12/03/05 10:50 PM

hi

regards from india

HIV is a hard virus to transmit, moreso from a female to a male.Chances are what she says is true, however testing is warrented.You may want to test at 12 weeks for a definitive result. The ODDS are in your favour of NOT having contracted the disease.

Use condoms in future!

stay well

take care

god bless you

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1142

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3