Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
pal13

Reged: 11/29/05
Oral Sex (unexpected risk)
      #165787 - 11/30/05 11:28 PM

Hi, I'm a 36 year old married man. I got curious about being with a man. I hooked up with someone online. He performed oral sex on me. I also took his penis in mouth for some seconds. Unfortunately he was bleeding. His blood got into my mouth. I also have some bleeding gums. I got very anxious and worried. I did not know about PEP. 3 weeks after this I started getting symptoms. I got fever, sore throat, white tongue, sores in mouth, fatigue and depression, pain in the groin and burning sensation in urethra. I got a series of rapid tests. At 4, 6,7,8,9,10 weeks. All negative. I also got DNA by PCR tets at 4 and 7 weeks. negative. This man was from Indonesia. So I'm worried the PCR test might not have detected due to different subtype. I do not know what generation the oraquick rapid tests are. How can I get 3rd or 4th generation tests. I live in Ohio.
Ravi responded to my previous posting. I did not describe my exposure in my previous posting. Please help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: Oral Sex (unexpected risk) new
      #165794 - 12/01/05 12:45 AM

hi

regards from india

Unlikely you are infected a negative test at 10 weeks is a GOOD indication, since MOST who are recently infected would produce antibodies within 6 weeks, however CDC reccomends a 12 week test as definitive, i would urge you test at 12 weeks and move on..

I would also advice you to perform a complete STD screeing, in future use condoms!

goodluck

stay well

take care

god bless you

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#165813 - 12/01/05 09:34 AM

Ravi,
Thank Yoi.
I'm never going to take any risk in the future

Anonymous
Unregistered

#165847 - 12/01/05 03:33 PM

You weren't at any risk to begin with. Talk about over testing.

pal13

#165908 - 12/01/05 11:06 PM

You'll not say that if you read my entire message. I had the other guy's blood in my mouth and I also had bleeding gums.
On the top of it I had all the ARS symptoms.
I just hope God is kind with me and forgive me this time

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #165944 - 12/02/05 10:10 AM

Your negative tests are a very good indication that you're negative. Most likely they would have picked up an infection by now. I think Ravi is correct -- test at 12-13 weeks and be done with it.

(I have to ask -- how did it happen that your partner's penis was bleeding?)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#166006 - 12/02/05 08:26 PM

"I just hope God is kind with me and forgive me this time "

HIV is just a virus. We're talking science, not God.

It's not God's punishment...and it's extremely insulting to allude that it is. Did you realize that you have just told every HIV positive person that God hates them and has given them HIV because he hates them? Tell me...is this what you really think of HIV postive people? Some whom have spent time answering people like you.

Most people infected will test postive between 4-6 weeks. There is no reason to believe you will have anything other than another negative.

Time to hop off that pity pot.

pal13

#166007 - 12/02/05 08:31 PM

I do not know. It was my first and last bi-sexual contact. I was stupid enough to hoiok up with some one online. He dimmed the light. He was performing oral on me and I just tokk his penis in my mouth from some seconds. After everything I noticed blood in my mouth. He was gone by that time. I should not have taken the risk. I thought couple of seconds of oral was OK and not too risky. Bicarre as it sounds this did happen. My life has come to a standstill. I got so many symptoms that I am not in aposition to believe my 10.5 weeks test. I have been testing once or twice every week after week 6. I am reading too much stuff on the interner. I read that if somebody gets infected with both HIV and Hepatitis C it takes a vey longtime for the antibodies to show up on the test. Friends please help me. Please read the symptoms I had. If I do a test a 12 weeks and if comes back negative, Can I rest assures even though I had a host of symptoms.

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #166012 - 12/02/05 09:09 PM

I highly doubt that the original poster was implying God hates all pos people. I think if you try to understand the fear and anxiety that this person is suffering...and perhaps a large helping of guilt, you will understand that believeing God is punishing him is only his way of punishing himself. I too thought, because I had cheated on my spouse, that I was doomed...that I "deserved what I got" or that I deserved my "punishment".....First off, I know that God doesn't "punish" anyone....the God that I believe in is a loving forgiving god.....I however, was not so forgiving of myself....and that is where my fears came from. This is about him....not about other pos people. When you live with that kind of fear, unfortunately...you begin to think pretty much only of yourself. Sad statement...yep...but pretty accurate I think. (when I say yourself, I mean perhaps you and your spouse....but not the general population)

Anyway, the pity part comment was kind of uncalled for. Everyone, or most people that come here are scared....and need some help...not to be attacked.

pal13

#166046 - 12/02/05 11:30 PM

I have absolutely no negative feelings for the HIV positive people. As a believer in God I was just hoping that God will forgive for my moral transgression. If I have hurt anybody unknowingly, I apologize. I was just expressing my fear and anxiety. Please do not misunderstand me. I need everyones blessings and good wishes.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2083

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3