Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question to those who have taken the HIV test..
      #165674 - 11/29/05 10:20 PM

and were found negative...
Did the clinic or wherever place you went to get tested call you tell you that your results were in? or did you check back periodically to see that they were ready?

umm... does anyone know of the general protocol

bugging out here!! .. however you guys have already told me im very low risk..!! ahhh

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Question to those who have taken the HIV test.. new
      #165678 - 11/30/05 02:34 AM

i tested when you had to go into the clinic give a sample wait 2 weeks then come back in and get the result , now the same clinic i went has the rapid test where you go in test and wait 20 minutes for the result

Anonymous
Unregistered

#165683 - 11/30/05 07:47 AM

I tested using the OraQuick 20 minute test, so I got my results right then. If you haven't already tested, I recommend finding a place that offers the rapid test. It makes the waiting easier.

Other than that, I believe that when you get tested, you make an appointment at that time to come back in, and get the results. If it's a doctor's office, they may call you and let you know it's time to come in to get them. I could be wrong though, and it probably varies from location to location.

Good luck!

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #165700 - 11/30/05 10:55 AM

hi

regards from india

Yep i did go through the same thing, generally the protocol observed in all countries ensures the results are confidential,generally you get to know the results once you reach the lab, you may also get the results from phone, if you may wish...basically it depends.

goodluck

stay well

take care

god bless you

lover avi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #165739 - 11/30/05 03:02 PM

I work at an anonymous testing site, and after the blood is taken you would have to return in two weeks for results. (although if done thru your own physicians office, or other places that do oraquicks, you could get the results much faster than 2 weeks). but our clinic will not allow anyone to get their results over the phone. because it is an anonymous clinic, basically anyone cuold find your barcode and call and say they are you.....this is why we do not allow results over the phone.
alot of times, even if you go thru your own physician, they may suggest that you make an appt to return in a week. (because if the results are positive, they would rather discuss this with you in person). but if the results return negative, they usually MAY call and give you the news over the phone. alot of clinics offer testing differently, you may want to call clinics in your local area and find out how they test and what their result recommendations are.
Good luck, and please keep in mind.....the NOT knowing is far scarier than knowing.

love and prayers,
debbie

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1229

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3