Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
mag_boss
Unregistered

Step 1: Finally got tested!
      #165362 - 11/26/05 06:15 PM

Well its been over three months since my last sexual encounter with a woman. I finally got the balls to go buy a home access hiv-1 test kit and sent out the sample blood this past friday( took a load off my chest just by getting it done). I don't really know how I was able to keep myself sane for the past three months...Its been three very long months! I really don't know what to expect the result to be...I am VERY nervous about calling to hear the results. Buts its the only way to find out! Its 50/50 right now. I am not sure I am 100% ready to hear the results. Just been staying home and dwelling in the what if questions. Looking at the phone...waiting for Tuesday to call. I can't let this destroy my mental health. But its the fear of the unknown & uncertainty.

Just needed to get it out off my chest...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Step 1: Finally got tested! new
      #165363 - 11/26/05 07:10 PM

Wow. You are a lot braver than me. I have a home access kit too, but haven't taken a sample yet. Good luck, I wish you the best.

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #165375 - 11/26/05 09:42 PM

you are in my prayers.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #165382 - 11/26/05 11:50 PM

hi

regards from india

It was a good decision on your part to get tested, you are in my prayers and thoughts...keep us posted!

goodluck

stay well

take care

god bless you

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

mag_boss

Reged: 11/26/05
      #165401 - 11/27/05 10:46 AM

Thanks for the support everyone!!!

mag_boss

Reged: 11/26/05
Step 2: Negative new
      #165616 - 11/29/05 01:01 PM

I called today from my job's office to get my results. My heart was pounding and I was shaking. I could not even speak, I was paralyzed. The second I punched my #s in I was transferred to an oparator. Worried that I was going to come back pos. I quickly hung up. I had to get a grip of myself and decided to call from the bathroom; did not want my co-workers to know. So, I called from the bathroom and a counselor quickly picked up. "HI, I am calling to get my test results my #s are xxxxxxxxxx".."Okay sir...you are negative"

I was speechless and could not even speak... dear ohh dear...All this time spending worrying about all the little things wrong in my body having to be cause of HIV. This expirience has totally changed my thinking about life as awhole.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Step 2: Negative new
      #165633 - 11/29/05 04:07 PM

Woo hoo! I am so happy for you! I have been thinking about you and wishing for you to be negative. It probably feels great to know! (I posted before about buying the test also, but it's sitting under my bed.) Atleast I know now that if I ever take it, and I'm transferred to an operator it doesn't mean anything one way or another.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1712

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3