Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lacking focus and concentration!!
      #164699 - 11/19/05 04:37 PM

I am posting here because I am awaiting a response from the good doctor, been waiting for a while, but still waiting with no hard feelings of course.
Anyways, I had unprotected oral sex (receptive..err she sucked me off) and protected vaginal sex with a sex worker, unkown status approximately 3 months ago (id say 12 months is pretty accurate). Been feeling "fatigued" for the past week, sleep wont make it go away, hard to focus and concentrate.. no phsycial fatigue to report about. Doctor and AIDS hotline say Im anxious.. may attribute to my fatigue (can you tell my anxiousness by the length of this??). I would tell them I am anxious because of my fatigue!! My fatigue came before my anxiousness!!! I did have a test at exactly the 12 week mark (yes .. quite anxious indeed). The AIDS hotline people keep telling me not to worry as I am very low risk.. one even went so far as to ask me why are you taking the test.. I coyly replied for piece of mind. My real worry is that I cannot attribute this unexplained fatigue to anything else and I keep reading everywhere that fatigue is a common symptom that HIV infected people complain about!! Do they complain about fatigue before their positive diagnosis of HIV or when they are actually diagonosed positive? Cant concentrate here, 3 weeks till results come back and I still a whole lot of assignments and finals coming up within that time!!!

Sorry for the long post!! This is how I deal with things.. I know its terrible... hopefully someone can reply and enlighten me!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
2ndChance
Expert

Reged: 08/09/05
Re: Lacking focus and concentration!! new
      #164701 - 11/19/05 05:22 PM

Anxiety is one reason for getting fatigued.

Your encouters are very very low risk and you would have to be the unluckiest guy on the planet if you got HIV from your encounter.

testmeister
All Star

Reged: 11/06/05
      #164728 - 11/20/05 02:17 AM

You are at very low risk. You had insertive oral sex (she sucked you) without a condom( or not? - I am going senile) and protected vaginal intercourse. (If you used a condom for the oral sex part too, then this episode is really really really low risk).

What you are experiencing is the non-duality of body/mind. When your mind is agitated, your body experiences symptoms and gets fatigued. When your body is tired, so is your attention. Body and mind are not one and not two.
Ok, enough zen.

When you get your negative test result, your symptoms will go away like a bird flying away in to the sky.

Good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#164731 - 11/20/05 03:09 AM

hey guys thanks for responding

I am currently still waiting the good doc's response to my question but you know...
The AIDS hotline people keep telling me I have convinced myself I have HIV... but they also constantly tell me I most probably .. in all good chance, I have not contracted it! Its just so hard for me to realize this when I get hit with fatigue!!! Today at work this fatigue hit me... like it has not hit before! I was on the verge of an anxiety attack.. (I did not bring my pills to deal with anxiety). I just draw up the worst possible conclusions. However, it still worries me when people tell me I am verry very low risk.. cause there is always still a risk. However, I do find comfort when you said "Id have to be the most unluckiest person in the world to have contracted HIV from this encounter" .. again.. those responses were greatly appreciated and I hope they werent just to cheer me up and were based on real fact (which Im sure they are because they are consistent with what everyone has been telling me... its just the anxiety kicking in =/)

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #164734 - 11/20/05 03:47 AM

hi

regards from india

Indeed a low risk scenario, i would not consider testing, however if you feel worried and anxious you may want to test at 12 weeks for a definitive result.Use condoms as you have been doing.Fatigue can be caused by various other situations, it is not HIV specific.

Goodluck

stay well

take care

god bless you

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #164737 - 11/20/05 04:05 AM

hi

regards from india

Yes indeed your risk is quite low, infact one would not even consider testing. The advice you got from AIDS hotline is correct, you have convinced yourself that you have HIV,however the fact remains different from your conviction.

If you feel worried you may want to test at 12 weeks, however i see negative results in the waiting.

stay well

take care

god bless you

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#164767 - 11/20/05 06:06 PM

I just wanted to know what it means when you say I'm at very low risk (I am at very low risk right? not low risk.. but very low risk right?). Like how do you figure out low risk.. is there calculations here? Is my risk theoretical or has there been documented cases? Im not sure if you people understand my question. I just would like to know what is meant by low risk and how did they come up with that in terms of my situation. I konw it seems as though I am asking the same questions but an answer to this would really help towards putting my mind at ease.

You guys have really helped.

2ndChance
Expert

Reged: 08/09/05
      #164770 - 11/20/05 07:21 PM

There is a risk in everything you do. To have a no risk encounter you would have no sex what so ever. When you get in a car you have a risk of being involved in a car accident but there are factors and ratios that come into play that determine the risk.

Your encounter is considered low risk because its practically impossible to contract HIV through oral sex unless you have gaping sores in your mouth or on your penis and there is VAST amounts of blood, semen or saliva that is in contact with it.

The amount of oral sex acts that go on in this world everyday it huge. If HIV was so easy to contract through this form of sex then there would be a lot more people with HIV than there is now.

testmeister
All Star

Reged: 11/06/05
      #164796 - 11/21/05 01:58 AM

The risk is very low for insertive oral sex. Using a condom when having oral sex with a person whose HIV status one doesn't know, would reduce the risk down to basically zero.

Also, insertive oral sex without condom has some risk of gonorrhea to the insertive partner too (although the risk is greater to the receptive partner) assuming the person giving head was infected.

It's a tradeoff between a few minutes of "additional pleasure" and potentially a life-long medical condition.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#164854 - 11/21/05 01:24 PM

and the vaginal sex with the condom? that is low risk because...?

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #164855 - 11/21/05 01:27 PM

Because there is a condom!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2699

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3