Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

folliculitis common for HIV?
      #164455 - 11/17/05 11:13 AM

I have developed severe folliculitis on my inner legs, and in my pubic hair. Is this worrisome for HIV? Can dry skin cause it?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
soimnotalone
Fanatic

Reged: 10/28/05
Re: folliculitis common for HIV? new
      #164496 - 11/17/05 02:51 PM

hello...
after a battle between my ID dr telling me it is part of the "healing/reconstruction" of my immune system and my primary dr scaring the wits out of me saying that my meds may not be working and I may be allerigic to them I went to a DERMATOLIGIST who also has a history w-hiv/aids and she told me that ANYONE can have a problem with this usually people with sauna's (spell check) jacuzzi's (spell check again) and hot tubs...I have none of those BUT I take STEAMING hot showers (not to mention it helps the itching(which she has forbade me to do). She gave me LOPROX shampoo use 3x a week Naftin cream use 2x daily and DML only use on the days that I do not use the Loprox. Zyrtex if you have insurance helps if there is any itching but I recommend the childrens liquid benedryl--it has no alcohol and can be used during the day. Hope this helps. Believe it or not even though we have HIV/AIDS it is not necessarliy (spell check) the cause of a lot of the fluks that we experience with age.....(smile)

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #164521 - 11/17/05 04:21 PM

soimnotalone is right.....extremely hot showers can cause it....the heat opens up your pores and hair follicles and they get bacteria in them (or powder if you use that) and then you cool off and they close up and poof.....little folliculitis MANY MANY MANY people get it. I only got it once...after I had worked out really hard and walk past a fan that blew dust on me.....got in the open pore and follicles and bam...infected.

soimnotalone
Fanatic

#164602 - 11/18/05 11:55 AM

just out of curiosity---where you + when you found out, if you were was the hiv/aids the 1st thing they blamed it on?

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #164613 - 11/18/05 01:28 PM

Oh, that's the thing...I'm neg....the folliculitis is common in neg people too...so I wouldn't automatically think it is HIV related.

soimnotalone
Fanatic

#164621 - 11/18/05 02:20 PM

yippie for you....i have one of those docs that think everything is hiv related,

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5512

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3