Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

post nasal drip
      #164142 - 11/14/05 10:47 PM

just a quick question. I heard that post nasal drip is a common sign of hiv infection? is that true? ive also heard the same about tonsil stones. i was just curious if this is true or not. Thanks for any replies

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: post nasal drip new
      #164144 - 11/14/05 11:09 PM

I did a quick search of Dr. Bob's archives and he states "you sound like you have postnasal drip. This common condition can be caused by allergy, or perhaps a head cold or sinus infection. It is not suggestive of HIV. If this symptom continues to bother you, and is not relieved completely by your Claritin and/or Sudafed, see your doctor. You may have a bacterial sinus infection" that is a cut and paste from him...so he stated clearly "it is not suggestive of HIV"....as for tonsil stones....I've never heard of them, so can't respond to that one at all.

testmeister
All Star

Reged: 11/06/05
      #164169 - 11/15/05 05:16 AM

do a google earch for "HIV Medicine 2005 Acute Infection". Post Nasal drip is not a sign of ARS. Fever, rash, muscle ache, joint ache, sore throat, night sweats are among the common symptoms.

However, only a HIV test will tell you if you are infected or not.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #164191 - 11/15/05 01:38 PM

Neither one is indicative of HIV infection. (I'm not even sure what a "tonsil stone" is.)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#164223 - 11/15/05 06:44 PM

its not hiv. if it were ars at all u should, most than anything, get a bad fever AND a rash/muscle pain/swollen nodes/ diarrhea. a fever is pretty much a must in ars. if no fever for 6 weeks after ur exposure, u can be pretty calm. depending on ur risk though get tested after 3 months if u had unprotected sex.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #164278 - 11/16/05 10:13 AM

You said you could "be pretty calm" if you've had no fever within six weeks of potential exposure. I hate to be a wet blanket, but some infected people have no symptoms at all. Symptoms tell you NOTHING about HIV status. If you're at risk, you need a test. Period.

testmeister
All Star

Reged: 11/06/05
      #164557 - 11/18/05 03:11 AM

I second that. As many as 10 to 60% of perople who get infected do not get ARS and have zero symptoms. I think a negative HIV Ab test at 6 weeks (on a 3rd or 4th generation test) is good but not conclusive news. Not having a fever means zilch.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6062

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3