Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
seanpatrickCA
Unregistered

possible symptoms??
      #163807 - 11/10/05 01:15 AM

I was on vacation in mid septmember in CA. I met a random guy and we engaged in sexual activity yet nothing high risk thank GOD. He gave me oral on my anus and some on my penis. I did not give him any oral. We also made out and did some body rubbing but no penetration at all.
Normally, I would dismiss this as safe play but 4 weeks later on vacation again I developed some night sweats which lasted only part of the evening then subsided. I also had trouble breathing in the hotel and was wondering if the night sweats were due to HIV exposure or just allergies or getting sick? It lasted one day so does that mean I might have it???
Help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
Re: possible symptoms?? new
      #163818 - 11/10/05 09:32 AM

Nothing you've said indicates any risk at all. If that was your only possible exposure, you're fine.

testmeister
All Star

Reged: 11/06/05
Re: possible symptoms?? new
      #164150 - 11/15/05 12:50 AM

Hi,
based on what you wrote, there is almost zero risk for HIV infection. Based on what I have read about ARS, fever and a maculopapular rash (it would look somewhat like measles) are the top two symptoms. Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.

But as is often said, the only way to diagnose is to take a HIV test. It sounds like you might have had "hay fever" - allergies can cause nightsweats too.

Get a HIV test if it would make your mind at ease. but I would bet money that you are negative.

Good luck.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1039

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3