Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

scared and embarrassed
      #163656 - 11/08/05 06:10 PM

i had a threesome back in march. performed oral on a girl while getting it anal. i am a 21 year old female that is now scared of getting hiv. i was stupid i know. this was about 7 month's ago. i have been very stressed about this. i also have been battling diarrhea with loose stools since the took place. my question to you all is should i be concerned. i know that diarrhea is a symptom. it's been 7 straight month's of this. please help with your opinions.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: scared and embarrassed new
      #163658 - 11/08/05 06:18 PM

I am almost sure we are finally getting the remainder of the story!!! Could this be the one that said "went down"....later said "received anal".....now we put it all togehter! Listen...whether or not this is you (I mean, it is you...but I mean the "you" I think you are) I think more than anything, you are feeling guilty and embarassed about the threesome....perhaps it wasnt' something that you were really comfortable with. I don't know if the anal was protected or not....so perhaps there is a risk. i think there is some confusion as to whether you tested or not....if you did (outside the 3 month mark) then the test was conclusive. If not, you should test as unprotected anal is a risk. That said....bowel issues are NOT indicative of HIV....they could just be a sign that you are a STRESSED OUT mess. So....once and for all...did you test?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163660 - 11/08/05 06:38 PM

no. and i am very embarrassed and scare to death. i know that i have stress. but 7 month's of diarrhea. i've looked everywhere to see if this ia a symptom. and it is. so yes i am freaking out.

2ndChance
Expert

Reged: 08/09/05
      #163668 - 11/08/05 07:59 PM

loose stools for 7months so soon after possible infection would not be happening. More than likely to be anxiety since when the body is stressed it pumps more blood to the organs in the guy causing more chance of loose stools. Trust me, I have been there also.

Did you use protection during your encounter and did the person cum inside you?

ItsFaith
Legend

#163675 - 11/08/05 09:14 PM

Were you protected? Honestly, the bowel problems are from anxiety and stress, I would bet my bottom dollar. We all make mistakes or do things we regret....and that can play heavily on your mind. Get tested....it will ease your mind. And, to be honest...if (and that is a HUGE HUGE HUGE if) you were infected (which I bet you aren't) you should know so as to receive treatment...HIV is deadly if left unchecked....but with treatment you can live a long happy life.....But, again, I would bet you are fine...I don't think the bowels are from HIV..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163692 - 11/09/05 07:10 AM

thank's for the reply. i'm going today for the test. i will let you know.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163693 - 11/09/05 07:19 AM

he did not use protection. he says he's neg. i was so stupid. yeah, ihave been having loose stools probably 2 weeks after possible exposure. been very stressed. but i also remember having some night sweats. i hope this is due to stress. thanks for your reply.

ItsFaith
Legend

#163706 - 11/09/05 10:02 AM

Hey...everyone makes mistakes. Get tested...you will rest easier knowing you are okay.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163707 - 11/09/05 10:07 AM

i had the test done today. they say it will take 2 weeks. you guy's have been so helpful. thank you much. this will be a very stressful 2 weeks.

2ndChance
Expert

Reged: 08/09/05
      #163712 - 11/09/05 11:06 AM

Try not to dwell on the tests and keep yourself busy. Meet up with friends etc.

Exercise is a good form of distraction and makes you feel better both mentally and physically, thats why most people diagnosed with depression are told to do more exercise.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163721 - 11/09/05 12:25 PM

i guess just dealing with this diarrhea i assumed that it had to be hiv. everywhere i read it say's that diarrhea is a symptom. so i got scared. but 7 straight month's of it. gees.

ItsFaith
Legend

#163723 - 11/09/05 12:31 PM

Yes, seven months is a long time....but like you will read here over and over.....no matter WHAT your symptom...it doesn't mean HIV...you can not diagnose HIV by symptoms because the symptoms are the same as a milliion other things. It isn't like you get pink and purple polka dots that ONLY happens with HIV and nothing else. I hope you are feeling better.....once you get your results you will feel so much better. Good luck and keep us posted.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163817 - 11/10/05 08:52 AM

in your opinion would i be having loose stools w/diarrhea that lond if newly infected?

ItsFaith
Legend

#163820 - 11/10/05 09:42 AM

Not in my opinion, no.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163899 - 11/11/05 08:34 AM

got my results yesterday afternoon. they came back negative. thanks for all your support and opinions.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4162

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3