Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

This must be tiring, however a few questions...
      #162921 - 10/29/05 03:42 AM

I had unprotected sex with a boyfriend of a few years, during which time I aquired occupational dermatitis. I've always had a problem with lymph nodes since a child, with no health concerns. However, after researching HIV for a centre I work at I've become obsessed with diagnosing myself. I know that the best thing to do is take a test, which I will do.

Anyway, my question being: is it possible to misdiagnose an HIV rash as dermatitis? Would they have the same treatments as far as topical cremes go.

Also, I was born with a heart murmur..recently I was having frequent heart palpitations. I went to my Doctor; who asked if I was sexually active..etc decided to take blood work to find out the cause of my heart palpitations. So, when doing blood work for things such as heart palpitations do they automatically screen for HIV, if not would they know by looking if someone was infact infected?

I really hate wasting your time, I'm just a ltitle paranoid

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
stacyw
Unregistered

Re: This must be tiring, however a few questions... new
      #162930 - 10/29/05 11:18 AM

The only way they would test for HIV is if you signed a waiver to test you for it. If you didn't, then legally they cannot test you. Hope this helps.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: This must be tiring, however a few questions... new
      #162936 - 10/29/05 04:07 PM

as stacy said, they would not test for hiv without your knowledge. and no they couldnt look at you and even assume that it could be hiv.
What I'm a bit confused about is--why would your doctor ask about your sexual activity in regards to your heart palpitations? did you mention any concerns of your own about hiv?

and if your question about testing for hiv, would they know by looking.....would they know you may have hiv by looking at some of your bloodwork (or you). your typical lab work will not alert them, that "this may be low due to hiv infection"...

If you have had unprotected sex, then you should be tested just to know and put it behind you....and stay safe. i'm sure everything will work out fine.

love and prayers,
debbie

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1023

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3